Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Guru

Re: Old Forester Signature: getting even better?

Quote Originally Posted by PAspirit1 View Post
    I may have to bump it up in line right behind Ritt100 and maybe OGD 114.
    None of which you can purchase in PA.
    Joe
    Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

"Bourbon.....It's cheaper than therapy!!"

Advanced Taster

OF Sig is the only bottle in my cabinet that always gets replaced, before running out. This is my favorite pour. When you consider the price, proof and taste, you cannot go wrong with this stuff. I love it, and have since my first pour. I keep it along side some VOB BIB, GD 90, and OWA107. These are the ones I drink anymore. I kinda got burned out on trying everything else getting let down over and over. These bottles meet my price, proof and taste requirements over everything else more than anything else I have tried. These are my top 4 with the OF Sig reigning at the top!
    Rye, The Spice Of Life.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by BourbonJoe View Post
    None of which you can purchase in PA.
    Joe
    One can always make a run for the state border.

Novice

I've drank almost half the bottle and will have to say it's pretty good stuff. I could see this being a permanent fixture in my bar.

Taster

Anyone seen it in either MA or NH?

Enthusiast

To be frank I have become quite enamoured with Old Forester but can only find the 86 proof expression here in South Florida. I would love to try the 100 proof Signature. Anyone know if it can be found in SoFla?

Advanced Taster

Nowadays I keep too many different bottles open to have an "everyday pour," but mine used to be Wild Turkey 101. If I had to name my "everyday pour" now ("go-to pour" is probably a better term), it just might be Old Forester Signature 100. I liked it from the first sip; several bottles later, I find myself liking it more and more. As a couple others have mentioned, I try to always have some on hand.

For a while the ABC store at which I usually shop had a handwritten placard taped to the shelf under the OF Sig 100 section: "An Alabama Favorite!" Proof that not everyone here drinks Jack, I guess.

Larry

EDIT: Hey, I just noticed that this was my 100th post, in a thread about a 100-proof bourbon. Must be some deeper meaning in that ...
    Last edited by LarryG; 07-31-2009 at 10:53.
    I got the St Louis blues, I'm blue as I can get.
    I sent Louis to the liquor store, and he ain't come back yet.
    -Jimmy Johnson, "The Twelve Bar Blues"

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by LarryG View Post

Larry

EDIT: Hey, I just noticed that this was my 100th post, in a thread about a 100-proof bourbon. Must be some deeper meaning in that ...
    Looks like you have to do 100 shots, ROLL TIDE!!!!
    ovh

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by sotnsipper View Post
    OF Sig is the only bottle in my cabinet that always gets replaced, before running out. This is my favorite pour. When you consider the price, proof and taste, you cannot go wrong with this stuff. I love it, and have since my first pour. I keep it along side some VOB BIB, GD 90, and OWA107. These are the ones I drink anymore. I kinda got burned out on trying everything else getting let down over and over. These bottles meet my price, proof and taste requirements over everything else more than anything else I have tried. These are my top 4 with the OF Sig reigning at the top!
    How much is a good price? It is no less than $25 a 750ml in Dallas. We are lucky enough, however, to have an ample supply of the old label 90's bottles of the BIB for $15 to $18 a 750ml. I have bought the Signature and loved it also, but can't make it a frequent purchase at our local prices.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by theDon View Post
    How much is a good price? It is no less than $25 a 750ml in Dallas. We are lucky enough, however, to have an ample supply of the old label 90's bottles of the BIB for $15 to $18 a 750ml. I have bought the Signature and loved it also, but can't make it a frequent purchase at our local prices.
    I can get it for $17 for a 750ml and $32 for a 1/2 gal here in Middle Tennessee.

P.S. The older BIB bottles are pretty tasty too. I have only had one. I would love to get my hands on more!
    Rye, The Spice Of Life.