Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Stranahanís Names National Distributor.

In a significant development for the fledgling micro-distillery movement, Stranahanís Colorado Whiskey has appointed a national distributor, Republic National Distributing Company (RNDC), effective August 1.

RNDC is the second largest distributor of premium wine and spirits in the United States, with operations in nineteen states. Partnering with RNDC to handle distribution in these territories will enable Stranahanís to refocus its efforts on increasing production of its straight Rocky Mountain whiskey.

Stranahanís recently moved to a larger facility and increased production from six to eighteen barrels per week.

RNDC operates in Arizona, Alabama, Colorado, District of Columbia, Florida, Kentucky, Louisiana, Maryland, Mississippi, Nebraska, North Carolina, North Dakota, Ohio, Oklahoma, South Carolina, South Dakota, Texas, Virginia, and West Virginia.

Stranahanís Colorado Whiskey retails for about $55 a bottle.

Disciple

Re: Stranahanís Names National Distributor.

Did that increase distribution any?

We have actually had it here in OH.
    ~Robert BTOTY #2 2009

GBS Member - 2011 Indoctrination

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

I don't know if they are already in all of the states Republic covers. I think it is as the release said, that Jess wants to spend more time making whiskey and less time dealing with distribution. Republic is big in control states, like Ohio, which are notoriously a pain in the butt. This may also enable them to get better penetration where they already have distribution.

The main point is that this is a milestone for the whole micro-distillery industry.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    I don't know if they are already in all of the states Republic covers. I think it is as the release said, that Jess wants to spend more time making whiskey and less time dealing with distribution. Republic is big in control states, like Ohio, which are notoriously a pain in the butt. This may also enable them to get better penetration where they already have distribution.

The main point is that this is a milestone for the whole micro-distillery industry.
    I'm curious as to what will happen to it here in MI. It's on the state list (under straight corn) but I rarely see it on shelves. RNDC doesn't operate in Michigan. I wonder if Stranahanís will fall off the shelves completely now.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Apprentice

Stranahan's will be in good company. I believe the BT, JB, and WT portfolios are also with RNDC. It could open a lot of doors for other small distillers if the move is successful. It is also impressive that they are making such a big move in this economy.