Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Hybrid View

Advanced Taster

New guy from Seattle

Hey all. I have been snooping around here for a few months, and finally decided to join. I live in Seattle, but am originally from Michigan. I got into drinking bourbons about a year ago. It seems to have overtaken my beer obsession that has lead me all over Europe. So it will be interesting to see where this bourbon obsession takes me. I do not think I can make the KBF this year due to military obligations, but maybe someone who is can pick some rare stuff up for me I travel for work almost weekly, so I get to see what is out there. Unfortunately, it is mostly on the west coast.

I currently have 27 different bourbons in my collection. Some of the more interesting ones are:

Eagle Rare 17 2007
    The Classic Cask 15 yr 1995 bottling
    Vintage 17
    Pappy 10 and 12
    Parker Heritage

So far, I have a lot of favorites, but seem to lean towards wheated bourbons. Pappy 10 year being my current favorite pour. I just placed an order for the Willett 12, 13 and 5 year, and a bottle of the ER 17 2008. I am excited to do a side by side with the 2007 and 2008 ER. I am constantly looking for the rest of the BTAC bourbons.

I am looking forward to contributing where I can to the forums and especially looking forward to hearing breaking news about new bottlings and finds in Washington. So again, Hi all.

Jake

Re: New guy from Seattle

Hi Jake welcome aboard you have some nice bourbons there. I don't know how many members we have from the great northwest. I'm sure we have a few. If you like the wheaters have you tried Old Weller's Antique 107 it's not Pappy but it's very good and it doesn't cost very much. I like to tell the new guys to ask as many questions as you want someone will be glad to answer. Give us your opinions we want to hear them, post often, make new friends and have fun. Chat is officially Thursday and Sunday night but it's open all the time stop in it's great fun and a great way to meet your fellow members. It's a shame you can't make the KBF we'll drink one in your honor and surely will drink one in honor of all the great men and women serving our great country. Thank You!
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Advanced Taster

p_elliott - I have not had the chance to try the Antique 107 yet. I do have the Weller Special Reserve, and the 12 year, but have not had a real chance to try them out yet. I'll keep an eye out for the 107 though

Hey Jake! (Sarge?) Paul, (p_elliott) pretty much summed up my feelings too. So,welcome to SB. Hope you have some fun and enjoy yourself here. It's all good. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Connoisseur

Welcome to SB. You listed some great bourbons but don't forget about the middle and bottom shelf bourbons. Some true gems are down there. Post often and don't be afraid to tell us what you think on a subject.
    Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    Ernest Hemingway
    2009 Fantasy Football Champion

Advanced Taster

Oh, I don't leave any bourbons behind I just did not list them all.... Here are some others:

Old Fitz
    Old Forrester 75th anniv.
    Hancocks pres. reserve
    Corner Creek
    Blantons
    Bookers
    Eagle 10
    Makers
    Knob
    EWSB
    Ezra B SB
    Elmer T Lee
    Sam Houston
    Rebel Yell
    Russells
    4 roses SB....

There are some more I am missing. My next ones will be Any BTAC I can find, and some more of the 10 year VW 107, 15 yr, and the 20.

Disciple

Welcome to the madness. I never knew what a "bunker" was till I came here.

I love to stock it, paying for it not so much.
    ~Robert BTOTY #2 2009

GBS Member - 2011 Indoctrination