Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Catoctin Creek Mosby's Spirit

Since no one has posted a report, I picked one up to see what it is and was not hopeful. I was very surprised!!!! Surprisingly super smooth which is unusual for a white dog. It sort of reminded me of a fine triple distilled Blanco in both nose and taste. It had an oily character which made me suspect higher fusels, but that can be a good thing for flavor. This had a very mild flavor, not complex, sweet, slightly caramel. Mild & sweet finish. And did I say very very smooth as water?

It's forty bills, which is a lot for no age at all. Is it worth the $$? If ya have to ask, get something else. But if ya like novel sips and don't mind the price point, go for it.

here's previous post on the distillery:
    http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...light=catoctin
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Catoctin Creek Mosby's Spirit

interesting article came out about this distiller. the article gave some details on production technique, and also shows some loosening of Virginia ABC laws in last couple years.

http://leesburg.patch.com/articles/catoctin-creek-distilling-sees-business-growth-in-on-site-abc-store

Virtuoso

Like a lot of the craft offerings the price point for me is a bit high given they are at best "interesting"... and not regular drinkers.
    "The most futile and disastrous day seems well spent when it is reviewed through the blue, fragrant smoke of a Havana Cigar"

Connoisseur

Price hurts a lot of the craft stuff. And as far as flavor goes this biggest problem is very high proof off the still. Some I have heard to be over the legal limit.