Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Re: Bourbon and ice cream?

Quote Originally Posted by NeoTexan View Post
    WT American Honey... over shaved ice.
    Like a snow cone??? Great idea!...I might have just found a use for Red Stag...
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

I found a recipe for Bourbon and Maple ice cream a while back and have been waiting for summer to try it as it sounds devine

Last month whilst staying at the in-laws, my Mother in-law and I decided to cook up a 'Bettys Kentucky Derby Race Day Pie' recipe we found on the web, which basically ended up being like a pecan pie with bourbon and chocolate in it. We slightly over-cooked it, which dried it out, but otherwise it was delicious and went very well with vanilla ice cream on top.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by barturtle View Post
    Like a snow cone??? Great idea!...I might have just found a use for Red Stag...
    Yea, one of Emily's favorites. Your right about the Red Stag. Got to try it myself.
    Last edited by NeoTexan; 08-07-2009 at 14:49.
    Dale

"All I want to know is who's the player on second base?"

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by camduncan View Post
    I found a recipe for Bourbon and Maple ice cream a while back and have been waiting for summer to try it as it sounds devine

Last month whilst staying at the in-laws, my Mother in-law and I decided to cook up a 'Bettys Kentucky Derby Race Day Pie' recipe we found on the web, which basically ended up being like a pecan pie with bourbon and chocolate in it. We slightly over-cooked it, which dried it out, but otherwise it was delicious and went very well with vanilla ice cream on top.
    In Kentucky, if Kern's makes it ... the pie is called a Derby pie (trademarked name) ... if anyone else makes it, it's a chocolate nut pie ... either way, it's a tradition at Derby time. ... maybe with a generous dollop of ice cream.
    Dave

"Remember, the BEST bourbon is FREE bourbon ..."

Guru

I second Tim....butter pecan is a great combo with burbon.

Disciple

Quick question for those who put bourbon on their ice cream...do you just pour it straight on, or do you do anything to reduce it or otherwise make it thicker beforehand? Bourbon strikes me as much more liquid-y than most ice cream toppings like chocolate, caramel, etc.
    -Dan

Who stole the cork from my breakfast?

Virtuoso

Ok... now I have to try bourbon on ice cream.

In the past, I have had a bit of dark chocolate with Macallan single malt... very good. I see no reason the same wouldn't be just as good with bourbon. I think I'll try that when I pour myself another RR here in a few minutes.

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

The Bourbon Maple Ice Cream Recipe is as follows: (from http://www.google.com.au/search?hl=e...&meta=&aq=f&oq= )

Ingredients

• 4 cups vanilla low-fat ice cream
    • 1/4 cup maple syrup
    • 2 tablespoons bourbon
    • 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon

Preparation

Place a large bowl in freezer. Let ice cream stand at room temperature 45 minutes or until softened.
    With a rubber spatula or stand mixer, combine the softened ice cream, maple syrup, bourbon, and cinnamon in chilled bowl. Cover and freeze to desired consistency.

Virtuoso

^^^ I'm going to try that in the next couple of days. It sounds yummy!

Taster

There was a gourmet ice cream company called Valentine's Ice Cream that was located in Winchester, KY (just outside of Lexington). They had a bourbon chocolate that was one of the best things I've ever had. They also had a bourbon ball ice cream that was a close second. I would pick up a pint at Liquor Barn when I made my runs, but alas they are no more.