Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yo from Ohio.

Virtuoso

Yo from Ohio.

Hello all. I'm a rather new bourbon drinker... been a Scotch guy for the most part of my years. I'm happy that I finally gave bourbon a real chance... I love it! I don't know the ins and outs, and the different nuances of bourbon, but I sure am having fun trying differnt ones and discovering the differnt flavors. I hope to learn a little from all of you more seasoned bourbon guys and gals.

Guru

Re: Yo from Ohio.

Quote Originally Posted by ebo View Post
    Hello all. I'm a rather new bourbon drinker... been a Scotch guy for the most part of my years. I'm happy that I finally gave bourbon a real chance... I love it! I don't know the ins and outs, and the different nuances of bourbon, but I sure am having fun trying differnt ones and discovering the differnt flavors. I hope to learn a little from all of you more seasoned bourbon guys and gals.
    Welcome to SB.com! And welcome to the light side of The Force.

You're in good company in OH. callmeox & Deen Sheen are the deans of the Ohio contingent. If you ever make it up to Cleveland drop on those dudes. Maybe ox will let you have a bite of his butt.

Be prepared, tho. There's a guy here who goes by Edo. If you're accused of being a commie blame him.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Disciple

Welcome Ebo, I am quite familiar with Massillon as I was born and raised there. I now live 25 miles away in Alliance!

Thomas

Welcome aboard ebo. You have some good company over there in the Buckeye state. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Welcome to SB.com! And welcome to the light side of The Force.

You're in good company in OH. callmeox & Deen Sheen are the deans of the Ohio contingent. If you ever make it up to Cleveland drop on those dudes. Maybe ox will let you have a bite of his butt.

Be prepared, tho. There's a guy here who goes by Edo. If you're accused of being a commie blame him.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post
    Welcome Ebo, I am quite familiar with Massillon as I was born and raised there. I now live 25 miles away in Alliance!

Thomas
    D'oh. Thomas is a dean too.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasH View Post

Thomas
    I was born and raised there too... and still live here.

I have a question for you Ohio members. How do you get all these different bourbons that I read about? My local liquor stores only sell a few brands that would be considered top and mid shelf, the rest are many, but they are very cheap. I have to go the mail order route to get the scotch I want... is it the same for bourbon, or do the liquor stores cahnge their product frequently?

ps: thanks for the welcome everyone!

Eric
    Last edited by ebo; 08-09-2009 at 08:35.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ebo View Post
    I was born and raised there too... and still live here.

I have a question for you Ohio members. How do you get all these different bourbons that I read about? My local liquor stores only sell a few brands that would be considered top and mid shelf, the rest are many, but they are very cheap. I have to go the mail order route to get the scotch I want... is it the same for bourbon, or do the liquor stores cahnge their product frequently?

ps: thanks for the welcome everyone!

Eric
    Welcome ebo,

Cheap doesn't always mean bad. There are quite a few really great bourbons for about what you would pay for a bottle of Teacher's.

The great thing about bourbon is that you don't have to break the bank to enjoy good whiskey.

Disciple

Hi from up North.

Go Tigers!
    ~Robert BTOTY #2 2009

GBS Member - 2011 Indoctrination

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by DeanSheen View Post
    Hi from up North.

Go Tigers!
    Yes... the once mighty Tigers. Not so mighty these days, but there is nothing like Friday night in Tigertown!

I was sitting in a bar with my wife and a couple of friends a few years ago, listening to the playoff game between Massillon and St. Edwards from your part of Ohio. Good thing there was plenty of whiskey that night... we needed it!...

Guru

Over the past 40 years I've seen many linebackers play in the Big House, but the play of Chris Spielman on 11-21-1987 still rates as the best I've seen. I sure would have like it if he was Blue rather than Scarlet.

He almost single handed sent Earl Bruce out with a victory. In that game he had 2 interceptions and many tackles. What a game, additionally, one of the very best QB fakes I ever seen was when Mike Taylor the MI QB faked a hand off into the line and then while standing alone threw the ball into the turf instead of the hands of the TE alone in the end zone. MI didn't score on that drive and lost the game 20-23.