I've been drinking Bourbon for the past 10-12 years or so. I cut my teeth on Maker's and Knob Creek but the last 3-4 years I've "grown up" and become much more accustomed to drinking various brands and styles, actually savoring them neat instead of slamming back shots and chasing it with Coke.

I've made several trips to KY and WV, buying many labels I can't get in Ohio. I've found some fantastic Bourbons that I truly love but I can't seem to muster up the will to spend more than $35 on a bottle. After all, that's one of the beautiful attributes of Bourbon over other whiskies. I can spend $20 on a bottle of KSBW that blows away any Scotch in that price bracket.

The most "expensive" Bourbon I've ever had was Booker's. I've only had it twice in two restaurants so I never bought a whole Bottle. I thought it was pretty darn good, but I don't know that I'd be willing to spend $45-50 on a bottle.

So I'd like to get some opinions and viewpoints from you guys about your own personal limits. Where do you draw the line when it comes to forking over your hard earned cash? Is that bottle of Pappy Van Winkle 23 in the glass case at Party Source really worth $225? What about some of those fancy $80 bottles?

Any thoughts or feedback would be appreciated.