Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Novice

Hello from Idaho

Hi, I've been a fan of whiskeys with and without the "e" for some time. I look forward to expanding my knowledge of the bourbon world and helping out where I can. Thanks!

Virtuoso

Re: Hello from Idaho

Quote Originally Posted by WhiskeyChap View Post
    Hi, I've been a fan of whiskeys with and without the "e" for some time. I look forward to expanding my knowledge of the bourbon world and helping out where I can. Thanks!
    Where in Idaho are you from? I spent 4 summers working in the great state. I worked 2 summers on on the Clearwater NF just across Lolo Pass and then 2 summers on the Salmon Challis NF. Good times...

You are in the right place to be a whiskey lover. Good people here.
    Hope is subversive, for it limits the grandiose pretensions of the present by calling into existence the possibility of something better.

Welcome aboard We have an area for the dreaded scotch drinkers and other whiskeys without an "e" drinkers. There will be others in purgatory in there with you so you won't be alone Now back to bourbon do you have a style you like or an age preference or proof preference? Have a distillery preference like Rye or wheater. We love to here this stuff. Tell us your opinions. Ask us questions. Come talk to us in chat Thursday and Sunday nights are official but it's open all the time. Post often have fun and make some new friends.
    Last edited by p_elliott; 08-27-2009 at 08:45.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Welcome aboard Ian. Bourbon 101 awaits you. This is a great place to learn some things about bourbon, meet some good folks, and have a little fun all at the same time. Check out some old posts, ask questions, and don't be bashful about posting. It's all good. Cheers. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Novice

I'm in Lewiston, Idaho. About 3 miles away from the Washington border. I usually have Evan Williams or Old Ezra 101 as a daily drinker, I tend to think that higher proof bourbons have a bit more character and be can be just as smooth. I tried some Elijah Craig 18 year old last night, a bit calm at the beginning, but opened up to some tantalizing almond and honey.

Guru

Thumbs up Re: Hello from Idaho

Welsome to SB.com!

Tim
    Self-Styled Whisky Connoisseur

Guru

Welcome aboard, Ian! I'm curious about what bourbon is available to you where you live. Does the stock differ much in nearby Washington? Good choice with the Elijah Craig 18. I like it more than many others here, but it shows that you are open to a wide spectrum of flavors. Check out some rye too if you haven't already. Post often and make some friends while you're at it. Good luck!
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Disciple

Welcome! I am originally from Idaho. Grew up in Nampa. graduated from Kuna High School. My brother lives in Boise and my mom lives in the mountains near Idaho City. Not the same part of the state, but still Idaho.

I wrestled at a few wrestling tournaments in Lewiston during high school. A branch of my father's side of the family used to have a farm across the river in Clarkston. My dad spent a few summers there and had fond memories. My grandfather was born in Moscow, and I believe he was raised near there somewhere as well.
    Last edited by Sijan; 08-28-2009 at 10:45.
    -Dan

Who stole the cork from my breakfast?