Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Hybrid View

Good day From Jax

Well, I finally made it to this site and hope to meet some fellow Bourbon connoisseurs. We have a small group here in Jax Fl who meet up and enjoy good bourbon and food. I will be interested in learning as much as I can from this web community. So hello and Thx in advance.

Guru

Re: Good day From Jax

Greetings from Chicago and welcome to the SB community. You'll make some good friends here and will learn a thing or two along the way. Good to have you on board.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Welcome aboard glad to have you, why don't you tell us about yourself. What bourbon do you and your friends like? Got any you don't like? Share your opinions with us. Feel free to ask questions people on here love to answer questions. We have a chat room it's called the gazebo it's open all the time but the " official chat's" are Thursday and Sunday nights. But you never know when you might catch one or several of us in there it's listed on the main page whose in chat. It's a lot of fun and very informative. Please post often, have fun and make some new friends and speaking of friends have your bourbon friends sign up too. Unless you came here to soak up all this information to impress them with.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Welcome to SB Albatross. Not much I can add to what p_elliott and unclebunk said. We do have a few members down your way. Maybe they will see your post and chime in with some "local" help and recommendations. Cheers! Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Connoisseur

Welcome from VA. Glad to have you and yes there is a lot of information on here to learn. So have fun post often and let us know what you think.
    Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    Ernest Hemingway
    2009 Fantasy Football Champion

Enthusiast

hey albatross -

i am down in Ocala but make it up to Jax every year for the World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party and have family up there as well.

Welcome aboard!
    ____
    Chris

Guru

Welcome to SB. You'll find pretty much anything about bourbon contained here on the site. Make liberal use of the search function as most questions have been answered in previous posts. If you can't find the answer, anyone here will give you hand. When you're comfortable doing so, update your profile so folks can get to know you.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog