Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314
    Guru

Re: The New Old Taylor, First Batch.

Too many to go through it once.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by weller_tex View Post
    I was looking forward to trying this initially, but the way BT has gone with a lot of their products (not all since I can still get W12 for < $24 but holding my breath on that one) I expect they will price it at $70 and I will have to get on some damn waiting or call list to get it..and I ain't doing that anymore. Too many good whiskeys to go through that bullshit again..
    Man, I am with you. Special ain't so special anymore. Price it so the average man (or woman) can enjoy it.

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

So far as I know, this white corn Old Taylor was a one off. However much they made back when this thread began is it. They haven't continued to fill the pipeline. So when they do release this it will be a limited edition and priced accordingly.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    So far as I know, this white corn Old Taylor was a one off. However much they made back when this thread began is it. They haven't continued to fill the pipeline. So when they do release this it will be a limited edition and priced accordingly.
    I don't have a problem with the price so much (I do still buy Single Malts at times)..it's the stupid hoops one has to go through to buy BT's premium products. Easy enough for me..I just don't try to buy them anymore.

Virtuoso

I'm ok with the prices, it's the over distribution that has me baffled. Can't think of another industry where the limited release (mid to high end depending on your viewpoint) gets pushed out to gas stations, grocery chains, backwoods shops and large format liquor stores.

Giving everyone 2 bottles isn't worth my time to attempt.

Guru

Just a gentle bump.

Virtuoso

Someone posted recently that BT dropped the age statement on OT. Has anyone tried the BT version yet?
    -Brian-

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."
    -Agent Kay

Disciple

I would be curious to try the BT version since the switch of the Beam sourced myself surely it can't be any worse.I personally have yet to see the NAS BT version as the 6 year Beam version didn't seem to sell well and is still gracing many a shelf......weird huh.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk
    "To deny our own impulses is to deny the very thing that makes us human."
    Larry Wachowski

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by mosugoji64 View Post
    Someone posted recently that BT dropped the age statement on OT. Has anyone tried the BT version yet?
    I have a new 200mL bottle for a budget tasting that I just purchased this week, stating "aged 6 years." Maybe it's just an older bottle, but the guys at the liquor store said it was a fresh case (who knows how long it was warehoused). I haven't tried it yet. It still says Frankfort/Clermont on the label, so I'm guessing it's an older bottle. Can anyone confirm based on the front label? I don't have photos of the back yet..I'll check that when I get home tonight.

Old taylor80 bottle.jpg

Old taylor Closeup.jpg
    Last edited by ModernThirst; 06-03-2014 at 06:35.