Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: The New Old Taylor, First Batch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Pollito View Post
    Can we keep this thread going until the juice hits the shelves? Who's with me?
    Quote Originally Posted by OscarV View Post

I have it penciled in on my 2010 calendar to bump this thread no later than August.
    It's early but I just thought of it.
    ovh

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Someone told me recently that they were in one of the BT warehouses and saw some of this reposing.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    Someone told me recently that they were in one of the BT warehouses and saw some of this reposing.

Chuck, there are 2 barrels of the micro-distilled Old Taylor in warehouse C and 2 in D. They have OFC on the barrel heads.
    Fred

Can't wait to sample some of the new Old Taylor. Nice to see BT honoring the roots of an old and storied brand again. Hope Beam can pull off something similar with Crow. The Reserve is a nice step in the right direction, but surely there is such much more they can do with a brand like Old Crow.

I am lucky enough to have a sizable amount of pre-prohibition Old Crow that displays the most intricate flavors of wintergreen and anise. Why can't Beam re-create that?? I would buy it in a heartbeat.

Connoisseur

I read where BT had liberated the good Col Taylor from Beam Global June of last year and now I learn of his hopeful return to his rightful place higher on the shelves and in plain view. I like a good family reunion story.
    Often I am forced to deal with the fact that I prefer bourbon over dealing with facts.

Disciple

I am excited about the "new" Old Taylor, but it's too bad I'll have to wait so long to taste it. Also, since BT is going through all of the trouble of recreating the original mashbill, I'm sure we'll be looking at another premium-priced top-shelfer . . . not that there's anything wrong with that, but my future wallet hurts already.
    "A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all . . . "

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by mobourbon View Post
    Chuck, there are 2 barrels of the micro-distilled Old Taylor in warehouse C and 2 in D. They have OFC on the barrel heads.
    As in, "Old Fire Copper"?

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by mobourbon View Post
    What is going to happen to those four barrels when they are mature, whether or not that be 6 or 8 years, or less? will any of that "experimental" old taylor see the market at all?

Quote Originally Posted by furious View Post
    I am lucky enough to have a sizable amount of pre-prohibition Old Crow that displays the most intricate flavors of wintergreen and anise. Why can't Beam re-create that?? I would buy it in a heartbeat.
    the tree selection simply isn't there. If you discount every other factor, the trees that go towards the barrels simply aren't the same anymore if nothing else.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOWK View Post
    I like to save up the charred bits in the bottom of the unfiltered stuff. When I have enough, I pour milk on it and eat it.

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by furious View Post
    Better question. Why can't anyone? those are precisely the flavors you can find in bourbons bottled as late as the 1970s, but rarely today.

Virtuoso

I blame global warming.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOWK View Post
    I like to save up the charred bits in the bottom of the unfiltered stuff. When I have enough, I pour milk on it and eat it.