Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    The Voshole

Corrupted by Fishnbowljoe

I had never tried bourbon until earlier this year. Then Fishnbowljoe brought a sample one night while the rest of us boys were drinking our usual beers. Wow, was it tasty! As any of you who know Joe can imagine, that's all it took for him to continue bringing others for us to try on a regular basis. Now he's got me hooked and starting my own little collection.

So far I've only purchased some Eagle Rare, Van Winkle Lot B and Old Fitzgerald, all recommended by Joe and all great choices. I've tried others while on vacation (Baker's and Booker's - excellent!) or while out for dinner. They're all good, and I'm looking forward to learning more from the rest of you as well as from my personal "expert" buddy Joe.
    "Bottom line: sometimes things work out this way in life. It doesn't matter how well you've planned; you're just f**ked, and that's that" - The Boss

Guru

Re: Corrupted by Fishnbowljoe

Welcome, You have found people that will enjoy your journey. Sounds like a fine start.

Smart guy that Joe.
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.

Who, me? Welcome aboard Gary. Glad you finally decided to hop on the band wagon. The Doctor is in! Joe

The education will continue October 10th at Binny's. That, along with what I brought home for you from the KBF.
    Last edited by fishnbowljoe; 09-20-2009 at 22:18.
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Vosgar View Post
    I had never tried bourbon until earlier this year. Then Fishnbowljoe brought a sample one night while the rest of us boys were drinking our usual beers. Wow, was it tasty! As any of you who know Joe can imagine, that's all it took for him to continue bringing others for us to try on a regular basis. Now he's got me hooked and starting my own little collection.

So far I've only purchased some Eagle Rare, Van Winkle Lot B and Old Fitzgerald, all recommended by Joe and all great choices. I've tried others while on vacation (Baker's and Booker's - excellent!) or while out for dinner. They're all good, and I'm looking forward to learning more from the rest of you as well as from my personal "expert" buddy Joe.
    Way to go Joe... three more converts and you win a toaster-oven!
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Guru

Congrats Joe on expanding the SB family.

Welcome Gary....Joe knows his stuff
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Guru

I had never tried bourbon until earlier this year. Then Fishnbowljoe brought a sample one night...now he's got me hooked and starting my own little collection.
    Why, that scoundrel! What you don't yet seem to realize is that Joe has just led you down the primrose path to destruction. Before long you won't even have enough money to feed your cat, but your liquor cabinet will begin to swell from all the bottles of bourbon you've collected. You'll have night sweats over having passed up a bottle that you knew in your heart you should have bought. Other symptoms include but are not limited to: sneaking bourbon in the back door so the ol' lady doesn't catch you with your most recent acquisition; searching the house for additional bunker space and settling on the area under the baby's crib; putting hundreds of miles on your vehicle, even during hellish rain and snow storms, to hunt for dusties and other desirable bottles of the "dark juice" because whatever's in the bunker is never quite enough. Oh, I could go on and on, but you'll have to experience all this stuff for yourself. At least you'll know just who to point the finger at when the real bug kicks in.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by unclebunk View Post
    Other symptoms include but are not limited to: sneaking bourbon in the back door so the ol' lady doesn't catch you with your most recent acquisition;
    you, sir, are a scoundrel, to suggest that ANY of us would ever consider any such thing.

searching the house for additional bunker space and settling on the area under the baby's crib;
    pure gold. I can't wait to have children.... and take pictures of their room decor.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOWK View Post
    I like to save up the charred bits in the bottom of the unfiltered stuff. When I have enough, I pour milk on it and eat it.

Welcome aboard Gary you have a good teacher there in Joe. He won't lead you a stray. Those are some good bourbons that you have started out with but not as nice as what Joe brought you back from KY I know I was there when he bought it. This is a keep for special occasion bourbon. At least that what I'm going to do with my bottle I bought at the same time. Read the post, post a lot of post, ask questions, come join us in chat officially Thursdays and Sundays nights but open all the time. Most of all have a good time.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Guru

Nothing like being corrupted by one of the best.

Welcome to SB.

Will

The Voshole

Quote Originally Posted by Special Reserve View Post
    Nothing like being corrupted by one of the best.

Welcome to SB.

Will
    Thanks for the comments everyone. You do realize that by making all of those nice remarks about Joe that he's going to be a real pain in the ... don't you? I've got to deal with him on a weekly basis, thanks a lot.

I do think that Unclebunk is probably closest to the truth about what's going to happen with me. But what the heck, I can think of much worse ways to go. Maybe I can do the same for some other unsuspecting soul
    "Bottom line: sometimes things work out this way in life. It doesn't matter how well you've planned; you're just f**ked, and that's that" - The Boss