Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast
    Advanced Taster

Re: What Bourbon did you purchase today? Fall 2009

4 Elmer T Lee 90th birthday and 2 Old Williamsburg 101. A little for the stash and a liitle for now!

Connoisseur

I wasn't planning on buying anything for a while but I had to stop by the ABC store to see if the new Bowman's were in. My eye caught a bottle of AA 10 star and Don has been singing its praises lately as a bottom shelf wonder so I grabbed a bottle.
    Always do sober what you said youíd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    Ernest Hemingway
    2009 Fantasy Football Champion

Apprentice

Today I stopped in a 21st Amendment to see what they had; I wanted to try something new. I would have loved to pick up one of the bottles of George T. Stagg, but really couldnít pony up the $68 for the bottle, so I went with something different; I went with the Pure Kentucky XO for $28. Itíll probably be a couple of days before I get to open it, I got to finish one of the open bottles before I open this one. On second thought I will have to finish the bottle of Makers Mark when I get off work tonight.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by bigman View Post
    Today I stopped in a 21st Amendment to see what they had; I wanted to try something new. I would have loved to pick up one of the bottles of George T. Stagg, but really couldnít pony up the $68 for the bottle, so I went with something different; I went with the Pure Kentucky XO for $28. Itíll probably be a couple of days before I get to open it, I got to finish one of the open bottles before I open this one. On second thought I will have to finish the bottle of Makers Mark when I get off work tonight.
    You are going to wish you got the stagg... it might be twise the price, but you get almost twice the juice (by proof) and 4 times the quality...

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by spun_cookie View Post
    You are going to wish you got the stagg... it might be twise the price, but you get almost twice the juice (by proof) and 4 times the quality...
    I've always liked the PKXO. I have an unopened bottle right now. I might have to pop it and see what's inside soon.

Do you have any more info on what's inside, other than 107proof bourbon?

Guru

Yesterday I picked up a bottle of EWSB 2000, and then had an impromptu tasting at Amy's with Amy and her son, husband and my wife with the 2000, 1999, and 1997. The consensus was the 1997 was the best but the 2000 was great and showed a lot of promise for DSP 1 EWSBs.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Disciple

After the tasting this past Monday at Bourbon's Bistro and reading all of the favorable reviews about OGD 114 I decided that this is a must have on the bar...picked up a bottle of that, a Binny's Weller 12, and the last Pappy 15 for the bunker!

Apprentice

Quote Originally Posted by spun_cookie View Post
    Yah, I wished that when I saw it, however, I just canít swing it. I had to pass on some Lot B the other day at a local store in Lafayette, for the same reason. In January or February, yes, right now, just too much for me to justify. The down side is that I donít always see the good stuff, most of the time I have to make a special trip just to get to a liquor store that has something other than what I can get at Meijerís. Although I did see Blantonís at Meijer the other day. Iím still looking for someplace that carries the Weller 107. Now all that said, if I can find the next time I see the Stagg, and itís not November or December, I will most defiantly jump on it, and I did have to stand there at the store for quite some time, and was almost late to work because of the indecision.

Virtuoso

Hey Bigman, most of the Indy Area Payless liquors has the weller 107.
    Cheers,

Scott

Reality is an illusion created by a lack of alcohol.

Apprentice

Thanks Iíll have to check them out next time I have some free time. I may try to get by there to pick up a 6pack at least. They look at you kind of odd if you just walk in to drool and then walkout. I wonít be in the Bourbon Purchas mode again till the first of the yearÖunless, I may be able to suing somethingÖnah Christmas is coming up. I have asked for some Lot B for a stocking stuffer, maybe I can give directions to Indy with a hint of the Weller or Stagg.