Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 51 of 52 FirstFirst ... 4149505152 LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: What Bourbon did you purchase today? Fall 2009

I picked up an 09 ORVW 10/107 and a Vintage 17 today. I also gazed longingly at the ORVW 23 set at two different locations. Anyone know what is up with the essentially 'V' Shaped glasses? Sure, they are shaped like the first letter in their last name, but they don't seem to be the optimal choice for sipping 14 dollars an ounce...
    "F**k it, I'm gettin' into the whiskey."
    -Joe Alvey

Virtuoso

I believe that the age statements have been pulled from quite a few such as Rowan's Creek and Noah's Mill in the last few years. They're all from KBD.
    "Brownest of the brown liquors..so tempting. What's that? You want me to drink you? But I'm in the middle of a trial!" L. Hutz

Disciple

Picked up the last PVW 15 from my Binny's as a Christmas present to myself and a couple Binny's Weller 12 for IronHead!

The Voshole

Made a run to Chicago with Fishnbowljoe and another buddy of his today. Picked up a bottle of Binny's Weller 12, Binny's Blantons and then just for the hell of it an FC, VOB 100 proof and a 375 of OF Repeal bottling with the OF glass.

I'll let Joe tell everyone about the rest of the days purchases. Thank goodness his vehicle has a large cargo capacity!
    Lead me not into temptation - I can find the way myself

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by hectic1 View Post
    Picked up the last PVW 15 from my Binny's as a Christmas present to myself and a couple Binny's Weller 12 for IronHead!
    Grab as much 12 as possible!!! Who knows when we're getting more. Delicious , and cheap for what you're getting/

Advanced Taster

Was down in VA last week and picked up some VA Gentlemen (aka The Fox) based on Chuck's notification that A Smith Bowman has stopped producing it in favor of their premium Bowman products. I enjoy the juice on occassion and felt fortunate to pick it up before you can only get it for double the price.

Virtuoso

believe it or not, I found a New Orleans bottling of ER101 today for 23.99.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOWK View Post
    I like to save up the charred bits in the bottom of the unfiltered stuff. When I have enough, I pour milk on it and eat it.

Virtuoso

Not a purchase but one of the bands I'm in had a little impromptu jam session last night to celebrate Christmas, and I was gifted two bottles...a Weller Special Reserve NAS and a Pure Kentucky XO. This is the first time I've ever had the PK and I must say it's some very tasty stuff. Haven't cracked open the WSR yet.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Pollito View Post
    Grab as much 12 as possible!!! Who knows when we're getting more. Delicious , and cheap for what you're getting/
    Talked to a BT rep a few weeks ago. He said the next batch of Weller 12 will be released around Derby time next Spring. He said it will be bigger than this Fall's but that spot shortages may still happen. They hope by Fall 2010 production will be back in line with demand.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by jburlowski View Post
    Talked to a BT rep a few weeks ago. He said the next batch of Weller 12 will be released around Derby time next Spring. He said it will be bigger than this Fall's but that spot shortages may still happen. They hope by Fall 2010 production will be back in line with demand.
    While I agree that the standard Weller 12 is good the Binny's bottling is a 14yr 3mo bourbon and it's on another level IMO...this stuff is hands down my favorite everyday pour! I have 7 bottles bunkered and I'm working on getting more as once it's gone it's gone.