Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas List

Administrator in exile

Christmas List

Have you been good this year, or a little naughty? I'm not sure which one gets you bourbon under the tree What have you asked for and what do you expect to get? I'm hoping for a bottle of Kentuckey Spirit and a set of Pure glasses. Maybe another bottle of Stagg or WT 12yo if a few well placed hints were picked up on. What are you hoping for?

Enthusiast

Re: Christmas List

Santa's bringing me a bottle of the Stagg!

Bob

Administrator in exile

You must have been VERY naughty

Have you seen many bottles in your neck of the woods?

Enthusiast

Jeff,
    It sure is EASY being naughty! I have not seen ANY of the Stagg up here. I got lucky and snagged some from Sam's. Lucky and naughty!! I guess that's me! Happy holidays!

Bob

Virtuoso

I asked my wife for Stagg, but after I heard it was hard to find, I just had my sister get some for me. I said it's too important to miss. I apologized if I had messed up my wife's Xmas plans (my wife would have asked my sister to get it.) Fortunately, my wife hadn't started shopping yet, so I didn't mess anything up. Win-win!

But, I am content from mid-November when I met my sister in WV and she brought me nine bottles from KY. ;-)

Guru

I guess I've been kind of naughty. I bought too much bourbon, this year. I still have unopened bottles of Woodford Reserve, Rare Breed, WT 101, and Old Forester Birthday. There may be others.

Out of curiosity, I will probably buy a bottle of Conecuh Ridge as soon as I find one. But, I probably won't particularly get any new bourbon for Christmas.

Don't feel sorry for me, though. I have open bottles of Knob Creek, Russell's Reserve, Blanton's, EWSB '91, Old Grand Dad 114, Kentucky Spirit, and Old Forester Birthday. I will make it through, nicely.

Tim

Virtuoso

Amen. I've spent way too much money on bourbon this year. I have really accelerated my appreciation (and spending) due to the interaction on this forum. Fortunately, my wife is understanding (or is it that she really doesn't know how much I spend?). And since I don't get drunk, she doesn't mind it.

Or maybe it's that she's spending so much time making cigar box purses to sell, I don't know much money SHE is spending on the supplies.

Oh yeah, I have 17 different bottles in the liquor cabinet right now (not counting her Gentelman Jack for her egg nog), 6 bottles in the mini-bourbon bunker, 1 bottle of OFBB now in the mail from H'wood and 3 bottles of Stagg at my sister's waiting for me to get at Xmas. And of all that liquor, only three bottles can be bought here in NC and those remaining three are stuff I just don't like and don't want to drink. That means none of my local favorites like EWSB, KC, Old Forrester, and RB are included in the 17 bottles. I'd go buy some of those, but I think that would make my wife flip out. She seems much more tolerant when the supply comes from out of state.

But, anyway you slice it, with this much selection and my sister connection in KY, life is really good.

Bourbonian of the Year 2003 and Super Moderator

I'm basically done spending for Bourbon for quite a time. My wife who generally smiles a lot and is easy to be with, has about reached the threshold of tolerance for this. Sometimes I think I have a lot of bourbon and by most measures I do , But for the fifth a day drinker I have less than 6 months laid in. I have no aspiration to get on that boat. It's odd isn't it?

Administrator in exile

It was a happy day yesterday when I was presented with a bottle of KS and an autographed copy of Sam Cecil's book: "The Evolution of the Bourbon Industry in Kentucky". Can't wait to sit down tonight with a generous pour of KS and begin flipping the pages. Anyone familiar with this book? How do you rate it's accuracy and honesty?

Connoisseur

Jeff,
    You did pretty good fer yersef...din'cha? You must have been a very good boy...
    I have Sam Cecil's book. I like it very much as a reference for the old distilleries. I've heard that it pays to double check some of the facts but, all things considered, there's a bunch of research and years of memories in that book.
    Beej