Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 94 of 106 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast
    Virtuoso

Re: What Bourbon Are You Drinking, Fall 2009

Ritt BIB, Handy 08, Stagg 09.
    Whisk(e)y - a bargain at any price !!!

Disciple

Tonight it was a little Handy '09 after shoveling and a little Stagg '08 after dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by whskylvr View Post
    Old Fitz 12 yr BHC (thanks ACDetroit),

It is very different from anything I have had before. I like it but need more time with it. I could get used to this stuff.

The VSOF is one of my favorites! I find that these bottles get much better after they're open for a while -- although it's hard for me to resist diving in right away, I usually appreciate this more after it's been open for a couple of weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by sin View Post
    Mint,Tea
    Sin, I get black tea all through the BH straight into the finish -- nice tasting notes.
    "A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all . . . "

Andy

The Voshole

Bought some 1999 EWSB today, so I had to have a taste of it before heading off to bowling with FishnbowlJoe. Joe brought a few goodies, as he's been know to do, but I can't remember what they were. As always, they were very good. I think the last one was some old Weller, 101 maybe? The memory issues must be due to having too much beer with the bourbon. Went home early tonight due to the weather we've had in northern Illinois today and decided I needed something more before calling it a night. Decided on a pour of OFBB and am enjoying it immensely.
    Lead me not into temptation - I can find the way myself

Advanced Taster

Smile Re: What Bourbon Are You Drinking, Fall 2009

I picked up a bottle of Four Roses Yellow and Single Barrel at the local store. Apparently FR is now available in MD!

Disciple

Ritt Bib & 4R2009
    ~Robert BTOTY #2 2009

GBS Member - 2011 Indoctrination

Guru

tonight has been WT 86.8 from the 70s, WT 8 yr from the 80s and a few barrel samples from Reid.... i have to say, the Redi Barreled HH/OBH BIBs took the cake... blew the others out of teh drink, the real McCoy... too much peanuts in the younger BPs...

Disciple

I did have WT 101 from 1982 before dinner yesterday, Dickel 12 with the lime truffles for dessert and WTRR 101 late at night. Everything tasted good.

Leif
    Swedish lover of American whiskey

Taster

Quote Originally Posted by ILLfarmboy View Post
    I'm finishing off this bottle of Handy I was drinking from last night. An exelent choice given the bitterly cold winds.

Hey Sin, nice tasting notes on th BH....since you like the high rye profile, might I suggest a Four Roses bottling for your next purchase. My favorite would be the Single Barrel.
    Tanks! Not bad for a 'rookie,' huh?

I kind of feel embarrassed. That it took me this long to enjoy bourbon. Though, I did have a bit of a drinking problem, and stayed away from it, alcohol, out of fear. I've obviously conquered that fear, but I'm still not much of a drinker.

I hope Basil Hayden's keeps well, with age. I'm more of a 'sipper' than a 'drinker,' and this bottle is probably going to be with me for a while as I extend my bourbon experience. I still have scotch and rum to enjoy, too.

Quote Originally Posted by funknik View Post
    Sin, I get black tea all through the BH straight into the finish -- nice tasting notes.
    Thanks! I enjoy scotch, so this isn't my first rodeo.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ILLfarmboy View Post
    I'm finishing off this bottle of Handy I was drinking from last night. An exelent choice given the bitterly cold winds.

Hey Sin, nice tasting notes on th BH....since you like the high rye profile, might I suggest a Four Roses bottling for your next purchase. My favorite would be the Single Barrel.
    True Dat. Get yourself some 4R Single Barrel post-haste
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by jfw View Post
    I picked up a bottle of Four Roses Yellow and Single Barrel at the local store. Apparently FR is now available in MD!
    Let us know what you think of them. The FRSB is one of my favorites and the Yellow Label is an inexpensive quality bourbon for everyday consumption.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet