Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Taster

Unhappy No More Heaven Hill Bottled In Bond!?!?

Just got back from the store and I was informed that there will be no more Heaven Hill BIB or the 90 proof version! For now on all they will have is an 80 proof version.

I fell in love with this bourbon. This was a almost weekly purchase. It made the best cocktails and at $17.99 for a handle the value could not be beat. I'm gonna have to find another 100 proofer for under $20 for a handle that has close to as much flavor.

SMH
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Taster

Re: No More Heaven Hill Bottled In Bond!?!?

Is this the HH BIB 6 I keep reading about on these forums?

Need to try and locate a bottle of this.
    John

Advanced Taster

This has been reported in the past. I believe consensus was that this was going nowhere, especially given a recent label update.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Auracom View Post
    This has been reported in the past. I believe consensus was that this was going nowhere, especially given a recent label update.
    the 6 year white label BIB got the label update, and the 6 year 90 proofer got a slight label tweak. Once the new labels appeared, they seem to be everywhere again. The gold label BIB pictured by the OP got no new label, and I too have heard that its a goner. One store owner said he's been trying to restock it since last May, but he cant get any.

During the period when the gold was supposed to be going away, and the white BIB and green 90 were getting harder to find (prior to the appearance of new labels), I panicked and bought two and a half cases of a mixture of all three, but mostly the white BIB. Then, I started seeing the new labeled white BIB and green 90 appearing and havent seen shortages since. There may be some truth to the gold label though, as I dont see it much anymore. It's so hard to get definitive info in the bourbon world though, so who really knows?

Disciple

I think the OHH BIB is gone. Haven't seen one in forever, and think I saw a confirmation of this somewhere.?.

As Doug noted, the 6 BIB and 90 are still rolling off the line!

Guru

if our assumptions are true, we have to be grateful that HH axed that one and not either of the 6 year ones.

the gold BIB was good, but with it being $1 more to get the white 6 year, I almost never bought the gold BIB. I thought the gold was very similar to Fighting Cock in its punchyness. whether a favorite or not, the gold BIB was an absolute steal at $9 (KY prices). the gold BIB was my go-to for holiday bourbonball recipes.

Disciple

Sad to hear of the Golds demise but that's likely related to the national rollout of EWBIB, which is a good thing. EW is a more recognizable label. VERY happy to hear the 6yr BIB is still around. That one's a treasure!
    -Brian-

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."
    -Agent Kay

Enthusiast

I think HH BIB 6 is something you made up as a cruel joke. "Its so good". "Its so cheap". Its so non existent in my area is what it is. The jackalope of bourbons. Good side of that. If it does get canceled, it still wont be here. I hate you because Im jealous.
    Im a simple man. All I want is enough sleep for two normal men, enough whiskey for three, and enough women for four.

Taster

Thanks for some clarification. I'm not sure if I have seen the HH BIB 6 year hear in Nashville. I might have to take a trip across the boarder this weekend.

Enthusiast

As far as I remember HH 6 yr BiB is basically only distributed in KY and IN. There may be so other outlier areas, but you're more or less pissing up a rope hunting for it elsewhere. Settle for the EW BiB, still bonded, still heaven hill, and a mighty fine whiskey in its own right. They're working towards nationwide distribution of it. Should set you back about $12 for a 750 and $20 for a family size.