Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

PDF/Excel Doc with All Major Distilleries, Mashbills, Brands, Expressions, Age, Proof

Guys,
    I'm not at all the smartest or most knowledgable guy here. I do love whiskey and I have a very analytical/ logical mind. So I've put a ton of time in organizing a Whiskey Tree PDF/Excel doc with all the major distilleries, mashbills, brands, expressions, age, and proofs of whiskey.

I'm sure there are a few errors and omissions. But I'd love some help finding them, correcting, and updating this sheet. I believe (and hope) that when finished it will be one of the best single, short references on whiskey ever produced.

I'd ove your thoughts. First off, NONE of this was invented by me. I begged, borrowed, and stole from this site, the books I have, distillers websites, etc. I just put it together in one place.

Thoughts?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Re: PDF/Excel Doc with All Major Distilleries, Mashbills, Brands, Expressions, Age, P

BTW, JsRudd gave me the idea for how to organize this - so credit should go to him.

Enthusiast

Re: PDF/Excel Doc with All Major Distilleries, Mashbills, Brands, Expressions, Age, P

Very nicely done!

Apprentice

Nice idea and very useful reference, thank you.

Btw, the jim beam low ryes start at 77% corn not 76. Included in these are jb signature, single barrel, and devil's cut. Here is the source of this info:

http://bourbonr.com/blog/jim-beam-distillery-mashbill/

Quote Originally Posted by bdrinker View Post
    Nice idea and very useful reference, thank you.

Btw, the jim beam low ryes start at 77% corn not 76. Included in these are jb signature, single barrel, and devil's cut. Here is the source of this info:

http://bourbonr.com/blog/jim-beam-distillery-mashbill/
    Fixed. Thank you.

Taster

Not trying to sound like a smart alec but under four roses you have oversees henry mckenna. I assume four roses doesn't oversee the product so I think you meant overseas or am I missing something?

Editted to add....... Old Pogue now makes their own product in Maysville. I don't think KBD is involved any longer.

Typo. Thanks for catching it.

Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

Quote Originally Posted by 5cents View Post
    Not trying to sound like a smart alec but under four roses you have oversees henry mckenna. I assume four roses doesn't oversee the product so I think you meant overseas or am I missing something?
    You are correct. The domestic rights to the Henry McKenna brand are with Heaven Hill. The International rights are with Four Roses. The version we get here in Australia is the Four Roses offering. I've got an email at home from Jim Rutledge from several years ago confirming it was a product produced by them. If you Google McKenna Bourbon Australia, you'll see the different bottle.

Taster

Howdy!

Congrats, some very nice work.

Virtuoso

Check the age on the ETL. 14YO can't be right. Unless tonight's pour has influenced my vision already.
    If God made anything better than bourbon he must have kept it for Hisself.