Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 8 of 138 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast
    Taster

Re: Show Us Your Stash -- Volume 3.0 (The Subliminal Verses)

@SKU
    www.whiskeyminiatures.nl
    "Water? Never touch the stuff. Fish fuck in it."
    W.C. Fields

Novice

Nice collection Christian I love all the different looks of the bottles and on top of that the great liquid inside of them.

Advanced Taster

This is what started my Bourbon Fascination.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Taster

This bottle of King Ranch(Bottled in Bond) was was made in the fall 1951 and bottled in the spring of 1964...... Stored in a box in a cool, dark basement and I opened it
    in the fall of 2005.... WOW I have not had one like this yet, although some are close....like the Weller Centenial 12yo.

I'm told Old Farmers Distillary is where Abe Lincolns father worked and abe used to visit......

Guru

John Hansell (of Malt Advocate) just posted this on his blog in a posting titled "How many whiskies I have. And why.":

For those of you who are only interested in the numbers and don’t care about the “why” part, here they are:
    Single malt scotch: 834
    Straight whiskey (bourbon, rye, wheat): 286
    Irish whiskey: 99
    Blended scotch, blended malts, grain whisky: 46
    Canadian whisky: 33
    Japanese whisky: 15
    Miscellaneous artisan (e.g. micro) distillery whisky: 13

If my math is correct, that’s 1,326 bottles. 466 of these bottles are open.

Way to go, John!
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Taster

You forgot something
    For the whiskies I don’t need–or no longer need–professionally, I use them at the whisky tastings I host. (Like the one I have in Philly the first week of March.) I also donate bottles to many charity events. And, I promise you that all of my local friends never go thirsty for whisky.
    Most of the bottles were thrown in his lap so i do not see a big accomplishment here. What he does with them deserves him more credit.
    www.whiskeyminiatures.nl
    "Water? Never touch the stuff. Fish fuck in it."
    W.C. Fields

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by Virus_Of_Life View Post
    Thanks guys, I'll do a run down of what they all are (40 total) in the next day or two, but can say - and it may be a surprise to many - the most treasured are the ORVW Old Time Ryes on the far right! I have 5 of what I believe was the first run and then 1 when the neck label was changed to the black. I have been pretty consistent since first tasting it in believing that it is the best whiskey I've ever tasted.
    The second bottle our whiskey club got for sharing was ORVW Old Time Rye (gold top, No. 77). (I gotta say, nothing helped our club recruitment effort more than sharing little tastes from this bottle.) But the last 30 ml or so sat in the bottle in my office for well over a year (or 2?). I used to pop it open once in a while to cop a nose, or let someone else do so for the memory. Then I mostly just forgot about it. I was New Year's cleaning today and decided to pitch all the empties in my office. I brought them home to pitch (discretion is never a bad idea), and saw that there was enough in that bottle for a descent pour. Poured it (still so nice even after all that airring-time, and found this thread while I was sipping. I thought the other sweet poisons I keep under my sink might be a good setting so ...

here y'all go, a pic of the last pour from ORVWOTR bottle No. 77.

Here's to all of its fans.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Peace, ... and Hippy Love.

Connoisseur

Great photos guys! Keep 'em coming. I feel a need to head to the liquor store.
    Richard
    GBS Member rounding out the top 5
    Are you a Whisk(e)y Apostle?

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by edo View Post
    The second bottle our whiskey club got for sharing was ORVW Old Time Rye (gold top, No. 77). (I gotta say, nothing helped our club recruitment effort more than sharing little tastes from this bottle.) But the last 30 ml or so sat in the bottle in my office for well over a year (or 2?). I used to pop it open once in a while to cop a nose, or let someone else do so for the memory. Then I mostly just forgot about it. I was New Year's cleaning today and decided to pitch all the empties in my office. I brought them home to pitch (discretion is never a bad idea), and saw that there was enough in that bottle for a descent pour. Poured it (still so nice even after all that airring-time, and found this thread while I was sipping. I thought the other sweet poisons I keep under my sink might be a good setting so ...

here y'all go, a pic of the last pour from ORVWOTR bottle No. 77.

Here's to all of its fans.
    I have had about 3 bottles of that brand over time. I did like it quit a lot. We are actually having one at our next tasting event in our local bourbon club. It will be interesting to see if I still like it and how it will stand up against a bunch of other ryes. Nice to heart that you have a whiskey club. Is that a common thing in Japan?

Leif
    Swedish lover of American whiskey

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchie66 View Post
    Rx was available until 8 years ago.I have bought another one, unopened, 2 weeks ago. Blanton's do have several varieties that are only available in europe but guys, my list of bottles wanted (and not available overhere) is a bit longer than your list of wanted Blanton's. I'm working on it. Where there is a will there is a way.

Some are also available to our friends in the great white north.