Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 138 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138
Results 1,371 to 1,374 of 1374
    Guru

Re: Show Us Your Stash -- Volume 3.0 (The Subliminal Verses)

Quote Originally Posted by HOF44 View Post
    I had some of the Redbreast 21 at a bar. It is pretty sweet has an underlying fruit taste that I can alllllmost identify but can't. Kind of a pomegranite berry mix to me. It's a nice whiskey but pretty pricey.

I have more to label and add to the shelving. I'm emptying all the closets out and keep finding stuff. Nice to finally have a little organization. Scary too, when you see what you have purchased over the years.
    Very nice. I always appreciate a collection with a bit of diversity in whiskey!

I have the opportunity to try the RB21 several times and to me it is mango that is just about to go south but in the very best way possible.
    That yella whiskey runnin' down my throat like honey dew vine water and I took another slash…

Nullum Gratuitum Prandium
    Ne Illegitimi Carborundum

Quote Originally Posted by tanstaafl2 View Post
    Very nice. I always appreciate a collection with a bit of diversity in whiskey!

I have the opportunity to try the RB21 several times and to me it is mango that is just about to go south but in the very best way possible.
    You're right!!! Mango! I knew it was some kind of fruit but couldn't put my finger on it.

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by mosugoji64 View Post
    Mrs. Mosugoji said she was tired of my overflow bottles cluttering up the counter so I needed to go get another shelf before I bought any more bottles. She's such an enabler. Here's the spread with the new shelf in the center:
    Hey Brian, nice display, you better check that cork on your EC18 unless you're letting it breathe, looks like it's not in all the way. I recently just popped the one I had in the bunker, and I also purchased some Parafilm tape (and 100 -- 50ml bottles)for my 50ml bottle collection, that I'm expanding (I bottle 50ml's from all my open bottles and save them for someone to taste down the road when I'm gone, probably my kids), and used it on that bottle and some of the others that have been sitting for awhile. It works well, but is not cheap.
    Everyday my spirit seems to find its way to the bottom of a glass...... Don

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by dSculptor View Post
    Hey Brian, nice display, you better check that cork on your EC18 unless you're letting it breathe, looks like it's not in all the way. I recently just popped the one I had in the bunker, and I also purchased some Parafilm tape (and 100 -- 50ml bottles)for my 50ml bottle collection, that I'm expanding (I bottle 50ml's from all my open bottles and save them for someone to taste down the road when I'm gone, probably my kids), and used it on that bottle and some of the others that have been sitting for awhile. It works well, but is not cheap.
    It's pulled up like that intentionally. The top of the cork is too narrow and loose. The bottom is fatter and provides a better seal. But thanks for the heads-up!
    -Brian-

"A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."
    -Agent Kay