Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 130 of 132 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132 LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 1312
    Advanced Taster

Re: Show Us Your Stash -- Volume 3.0 (The Subliminal Verses)

Quote Originally Posted by BootsOnTheGround View Post
    This is quite lame, but its what happens when you scale back your operations on open bottles. Had probably 25, now what you see. When I get to toward the bottom, I switch to an amber 4 or 2 oz'r. If I get sick of something or produce a dud vatting, it goes into my 'graveyard' bottle.

There's much more in back stock, but ill be the first to say I'm not much of a collector nor do I really have a bunker. I drink what I like and, given the unobtainumness of said likeage, then those bottles sit until I find another. I also don't feel the need to fill out my bar cause I ain't got one; its more about easy access in the house.

I also hoard samples for some strange reason. Some are rare in the true sense of the word (not the bourbon bubble chaser nonsense sense) and some are nothing special at all. I guess my mind has me convinced that if I ever find another similar sample or bottle I'll be able to do an honest SBS, blind vertical, etc. I'm no fun at tastings or bourbon G2G's because I can usually guess what I'm drinking as well as tell everyone what's wrong with it like if the barrel rolled 6 too many times coming off the rack to be dumped.

I know therapy is an option, but you can't prove it works!!!!
    Some fine opens there Boots. I'm assuming you have a healthy back stock of unopens at least. Otherwise, you need to re-up on all those 2-pours-to-empty bottles.

Guru

Four Roses family photo shoot...
    IMAG0847.jpg
    I've never tried GTS with any sort of soda. Maybe I'm missing out; but I'm OK with that.

Connoisseur

Looking good Joe. Although you look a little short when it comes to the 125th...

The talk at the Gazebo in the spring, is that you are quite the gift shop ho !!
    The liver is evil. It must be punished...

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by smknjoe View Post
    IMAG0847.jpg
    Joe, you might try the "Help a Member Find" forum to get a bottle of the 125th. You seem a bit short on those.
    They say some of my stars drink whiskey, but I have found that ones who drink milkshakes don't win many ball games-Casey Stengel

Taster

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by smknjoe View Post
    Joe demonstrates that it doesn't take a high bottle count to have an impressive Four Roses collection.
    "Unless it survived a tornado, weathered a snow storm in Scotland, and then spent a year on boat before returning home, I'm not really interested."

Advanced Taster

image.jpgNewest Storage and display case. Found stackable antique barrister shelves at a resale shop. $40 for four plus a topper. No base so I had to do a little work. Lots of cleaning, glueing and rubbing, but very pleased with the results. They won't hold tall bottles but give me much needed space.

Novice

Love the barrister bookcase. I have a similar one and it's a great way to display smaller bottles. The only problem is the inability to store the tall ones

Advanced Taster

Might as well show off the new bar a little. Was patient with this one. It's not much but it works.

Apprentice

Love those barrister cabinets....wish they made them a tad bit taller though

Quote Originally Posted by heydobro View Post
    Love the barrister bookcase. I have a similar one and it's a great way to display smaller bottles. The only problem is the inability to store the tall ones