Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 61 of 132 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111 ... LastLast
    Guru

Re: Show me your's and I will show you mine!!!!

Also a can of Costco diet cola.

Connoisseur

Very Very Overpriced Fitzgerald.

Guru

Re: Show me your's and I will show you mine, or make snide comments about other posts

Quote Originally Posted by Meruck View Post
    Smknjoe, I really dont see how that is relevant.
    I have no idea what a good price for something like that would be since I have never seen or bought a bottle. And even if there is a retail price that rarely translates into what people really pay for some "collectables." That's why I started this thread:http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...ices-2012-2013

I wasn't trying to be an ass about it. Some say it comes naturally though

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Clavius View Post
    Boasting about your collection or a specific bottle in your collection isn't what this place is necessarily about.
    Yeah, that's just patently false. The comment below makes a cogent point, and for empirical evidence, check the well-populated "Show Me Your Stash" threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigar Dan View Post
    I have to assume that you are joking when you said this. Otherwise, you and I have very different opinions on what drives this and almost every other special interest forum on the Internet.
    Besides the spirit of joy (rather than extravagance) that the OP projected, threads like this facilitate the essential function of confirming one's credentials in the community. To show that we belong, we feel compelled to display knowledge (i.e. I know that this stuff is special) that identifies us as legitimate enthusiasts on internet boards like this. This is natural and OK. It doesn't have to be about opulence or one-up-man-ship, even if that is often a byproduct.

*I just re-read that post and realized that it might have sounded vindictive and asinine. I am trying to be neither; I just think that it's important for people putting out their ideas on new threads to no fear / hesitation around here.
    Last edited by CoMobourbon; 05-01-2013 at 17:02.
    I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different.
    ― Kurt Vonnegut

Guru

I know I'm jealous and would like to have one.

Novice

If I had a treasure to post as a picture, I would.....alas, I will imbibe vicariously through others.

Connoisseur

Re: Show me your's and I will show you mine, or make snide comments about other posts

I certainly wasn't offended by this post. We all have a bottle, some bottles, that we're proud as a peacock that we've found, bought, drank. Whether it be 1 or many. We see this more often with newbies, then members of many years, but I find their enthusiasm contagious. And cool.

Boast away, and serve me up a pour..
    Last edited by Phil T; 05-01-2013 at 17:50.
    The liver is evil. It must be punished...

Guru

I was completely offended by the entire concept of this thread. I mean, treating alcohol - a dangerous product which shouldn't be sold nor consumed by human beings - like it is something to be worshiped, sought after, craved, and (heaven forbid) drank. Everyone should be ashamed of themselves.
    Gary
    =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    "Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough." - Mark Twain
    "Because Whiskey Matters!" - David Perkins

Advanced Taster

Re: Show Us Your Stash -- Volume 3.0 (The Subliminal Verses)

I had to do some rearranging. Figured I'd update the photo. I think that's all the stash I have right now.

image.jpg
    I'm not an expert but I have lots of opinions!

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by Phil T View Post
    I certainly wasn't offended by this post. We all have a bottle, some bottles, that we're proud as a peacock that we've found, bought, drank. Whether it be 1 or many. We see this more often with newbies, then members of many years, but I find their enthusiasm contagious. And cool.

Boast away, and serve me up a pour..
    Guilty!! I've caught the bug.
    I'm not an expert but I have lots of opinions!