Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 66 of 121 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876116 ... LastLast
    Disciple

Show Us Your Stash -- Volume 3.0 (The Subliminal Verses)

I happen to think more FR bottles will be needed to satisfy my want/need to protect against future changes in quality due to the inevitable retirement of one Jim Rutledge. I think he is the finest master distiller on the planet and the FR of this time frame will be the SW of the future!
    You can find me in chat most nights on days ending with the letter y!

Enthusiast

Re: Show Us Your Stash -- Volume 3.0 (The Subliminal Verses)

Quote Originally Posted by hectic1 View Post
    I happen to think more FR bottles will be needed to satisfy my want/need to protect against future changes in quality due to the inevitable retirement of one Jim Rutledge. I think he is the finest master distiller on the planet and the FR of this time frame will be the SW of the future!
    Couldn't agree with you more - especially after some of those pours you had out on Sat night. Simply amazing.
    Justin

Quote Originally Posted by hectic1 View Post
    Pray that diagio never buys it. They will close it down and in 12 years sell the stock in special packaging for insane prices.

Quote Originally Posted by P&MLiquorsEric View Post
    Pray that diagio never buys it. They will close it down and in 12 years sell the stock in special packaging for insane prices.
    Diageo had first crack at buying it and passed it over.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Quote Originally Posted by p_elliott View Post
    Diageo had first crack at buying it and passed it over.
    I believe they did buy if in early 2000s and then sold it onto Kirin who introduced it back into the US.

Diagio wants to be more serious in the bourbon game but I don't think they consider 4Roses as a big enough player. Supposedly there have been talks of buying beam but I would imagine the price is quite high in this "bourbon bubble".

I believe they did buy if in early 2000s and then sold it onto Kirin who introduced it back into the US.

Diagio wants to be more serious in the bourbon game but I don't think they consider 4Roses as a big enough player. Supposedly there have been talks of buying beam but I would imagine the price is quite high in this "bourbon bubble".
    You maybe right that they bought as part of the Seagrams buy out but I'm sure it was a quick turn around. Which is what I meant that they had first crack at it, they could have kept it but chose not too. It was either that or they chose not to buy either way the out come is the same.

Diageo is the only player in the game big enough to buy Beam and Beam has been making moves to stop that.

Diagio recently couldn't make a deal on Cuervo which they distribute now. Tells me that diagio is not into overpaying even if the product is a category leader.

Diagio recently couldn't make a deal on Cuervo which they distribute now. Tells me that diagio is not into overpaying even if the product is a category leader.
    I think this was a same deal they didn't want to sell very bad either. Might need to take this into a new thread as this is getting way off subject but is interesting.

Enthusiast

Well, the counter point to that is what little bourbon Diego does have out comes from 4Roses (Bulleit)... So for a number of reasons it's clear they think well of 4R, at least from a business standpoint.

Guru

Kirin has shown it can run things into the ground just as well as anybody (re: Karuizawa).
    ¡Geaux Tigers! - ¡Visca el Barça!

"Really though, my hands are sore. The tool was doing it's thing with a flex hose." -Barrel_Proof