Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dead guy whisky

Disciple

Dead guy whisky

I did have a Rogue Dead guy Whiskey
    at Stockholm beer and whisky festival yesterday witch due to the label was aged only 1 month. Not that bad at all I most say, a bit sticky nose but very sweet and mellow taste.

Leif
    Swedish lover of American whiskey

Apprentice

Re: Dead guy whisky

I just acquired a bottle yesterday, and I thought it was pretty good. Very smooth, a bit sweet. Could have used some more barrel aging. If they lowered the price some ( I paid $40) I think it would well worth it.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by threejean View Post
    I just acquired a bottle yesterday, and I thought it was pretty good. Very smooth, a bit sweet. Could have used some more barrel aging. If they lowered the price some ( I paid $40) I think it would well worth it.
    That's the problem for me too. I'd like to try some but I haven't heard enough about the juice to justify dropping $40 on a bottle.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Advanced Taster

I have some. Reminds me of tequila.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    I have some. Reminds me of tequila.
    Is that good or bad?
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Advanced Taster

Well, if I want to drink Tequila it is an option. If I want Whiskey, I'll pass on the Dead Guy.

I have a bottle at home. I bought it on a whim. Kind of wish I didn't, though. It is okay, but there is something rather unpleasant about it. I can't really figure it out. Maybe it is a lack of oak as mentioned previously.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by bankerjoe View Post
    I have a bottle at home. I bought it on a whim. Kind of wish I didn't, though. It is okay, but there is something rather unpleasant about it. I can't really figure it out. Maybe it is a lack of oak as mentioned previously.
    The unpleasantness you mention, lack of oak, comes across like a Tequila to me. It is aged about as long as a Reposado Tequila.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra View Post
    The unpleasantness you mention, lack of oak, comes across like a Tequila to me. It is aged about as long as a Reposado Tequila.
    I really like Tequila though, especially blancos. There is some sort of floral or fruity type note that is just too excessive, but I think that is only because there really isn't anything else to the whiskey. Does anyone know what is actually distilled? (As in, is it just the grain, or is it the whole recipe, hops and all?)

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by bankerjoe View Post
    I really like Tequila though, especially blancos. There is some sort of floral or fruity type note that is just too excessive, but I think that is only because there really isn't anything else to the whiskey. Does anyone know what is actually distilled? (As in, is it just the grain, or is it the whole recipe, hops and all?)
    I like Reposados. The Cabo Wabo Reposado being one of my faves.