Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Guru

Re: In half an hour I will buy one of these; suggestions?

Ya know what?
    This has been a long half hour.
    Pleasant but long.
    ovh

Enthusiast

Red face Re: In half an hour I will buy one of these; suggestions?

LOL quite a half-hour! As I posted, I decided to pick up the Parkers' last night. The second post was made right as I hit the door.

So I'm having some friends over tomorrow for a bbq and had to pick up a couple Boston butts and a brisket and wouldn't you know the store that had the JRPS was right on the way.......

I'm weak.

Enthusiast

For the record, the JRPS was $81 and the Parkers was $80 which was part of the cause of the dilemna. If the JRPS was available here at the $65-70 that some of you guys pay, there would have been no contest. The only other places I found JRPS it was 85ish.

Bourbonian of the Year 2011

Okay thanks for that info, I must have been thinking of the new Parker's which combines distillates of numerous decades.

The similar pricing makes it more of a horse race! Actually I have had the 2007 and it is very good indeed. The difficulty is, these bourbons are really different stylistically. Really you want both, but if it has to be one, it should be one that aligns to your general preference. To me, the honeyed S-W profile really is unique, and for people who like that, I'd go for it, also because there is a finite supply.

Gary

Bourbonian of the Year 2011

Well, I hope you enjoy them and would be interested in your comments.

Gary

Enthusiast

I'd like to know where the guys are buying JRPS for 65 - 70 bucks! I haven't seen it for less than 88.

Quote Originally Posted by BBQ+Bourbon View Post
    For the record, the JRPS was $81 and the Parkers was $80 which was part of the cause of the dilemna. If the JRPS was available here at the $65-70 that some of you guys pay, there would have been no contest. The only other places I found JRPS it was 85ish.
    "F**k it, I'm gettin' into the whiskey."
    -Joe Alvey

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by IronHead View Post
    I'd like to know where the guys are buying JRPS for 65 - 70 bucks! I haven't seen it for less than 88.
    Me too...I haven't seen it for less then 90 here in Chicago...although the only place I've seen it is at Binny's and all locations have the same prices. At $65-70 a bottle I would be buying all I could afford...which wouldn't be very many at this point in time. Good thing I have enough bourbon in the bunker for at least 9-12 months of drinking...now that I think about it, building my bunker over the last 6 months is the primary reason of my lack of funding currently...oh well, it was worth it!

Enthusiast

I really am weak. Bought two more JRPS tonight at $82.50 but one is for a fellow SB member. Hopefully he won't come through . The same place has a good supply of Lot B without the Julia(n) sticker but I only picked up one. Can you imagine what will happen to the price of SW whiskey when the last barrels are empty?

This will be an unprecedented event in whiskey history. I will be sipping some SW juice, watching the world unravel