Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Thread: Restoman Here !

Novice

Restoman Here !

Well I've spent a good bit of time reading up on what you guys have to say about bourbon and I was impressed enough to join up. I'm a moderate when it comes to trying new beverages and I'm trying to mature my palate. So far I can't get past not having my whiskey with out Coke.

So far I've enjoyed and keep on hand
    Makers Mark
    Jack Daniels #7 ( in know not a bourbon, but it's close enough)

Up until I bought my own MM I had never realized just how smooth this stuff was. I did try Knob Creek about 7 years ago when the liquor salesman came around to the bar I worked. Poor sales technique if you ask me. I didn't want a shot of bourbon ever again, in fact I steered clear of the stuff for the past 7 years. It'll be good getting to learn from you guys.

Re: Restoman Here !

There's your problem ( and apparently the whiskey drummers as well) bourbon is not for shooting, it's for sipping. If you shoot it all you taste is alcohol not the bourbon, if you you sip it you taste the bourbon and not the alcohol. That's why most people think Jack Daniels and Wild Turkey is just do shots get drunk whiskey. I don't care for JD but WT is fine bourbon. How you drink your bourbon or whiskey is your business if you want to experiment try some with water, some on ice, try just a little neat as you workup to it. To quote someone drink it the way you like it best as long as it's not with grape kool-aid. Welcome to the site, If you have any questions ask away. Have some fun.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Enthusiast

If you mix UV Blue Vodka with Cranberry juice, it turns into grape koolaid. I wouldn't mix that with bourbon. Strange but true fact.

Welcome to the site

Quote Originally Posted by p_elliott View Post
    There's your problem ( and apparently the whiskey drummers as well) bourbon is not for shooting, it's for sipping. If you shoot it all you taste is alcohol not the bourbon, if you you sip it you taste the bourbon and not the alcohol. That's why most people think Jack Daniels and Wild Turkey is just do shots get drunk whiskey. I don't care for JD but WT is fine bourbon. How you drink your bourbon or whiskey is your business if you want to experiment try some with water, some on ice, try just a little neat as you workup to it. To quote someone drink it the way you like it best as long as it's not with grape kool-aid. Welcome to the site, If you have any questions ask away. Have some fun.
    Yeah, what he said. Welcome aboard Restoman. Cheers. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by p_elliott View Post
    .. bourbon is not for shooting, it's for sipping. If you shoot it all you taste is alcohol not the bourbon, if you you sip it you taste the bourbon and not the alcohol. .
    Beautifully said...pure wisdom.