Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Thread: Hello All

Novice

Hello All

I was a memeber some time ago and had to drop out due to personal life changes. I have now rejoined a bit older and hopefully wiser ... I have always enjoyed a good bourbon and like my bourbon straight and high proof ... I am both a collect and drinker and to that end I hunt the the barrel proofs of Stagg and of late also WLWeller. I currently hold a case of every year for GTStagg starting with the 2002 of the outside of Kentuckey issues. Due to a limited budget I only have a single bottle for the Weller years .... left over from the drinking stock s
    This year maybe my last as a collector becuase of that limited budge ,time will tell, it is hard to both find and afford enough to be able to drink and collect of these great bourbons ...
    Cheers !!
    Bill

Talking Re: Hello All

Good to have you here. Looks like you have a head start on any possible bourbon shortages .

Re: Hello All

Welcome to SB Bill. What other bourbons do you have/like that are not from the BTAC? There's a lot of less expensive stuff out there that is really good. Weller SR and Weller 12 are just a couple that come to mind. Anyway enjoy, and hope to see more posts. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Novice

Re: Hello All

Most of the stash is ORVW, -7year Louisville, and both 10 and 15 year from the Lawrenceburg, WLWeller centennial 10 year Frankfort, Single barrels of different years of both Ezra B. and Evan Williams and their common pours , a few JB's of different years , oldest from about 1964 .... and other odds and ends of only personal interest due to who or what they came with ... all in all not much but most very very good ...
    Bill