Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Re: New bottles (Bowman)

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    I wonder how the new rye compares to, say, Baby Saz? It just occurred to me that perhaps this is BT's first attempt to use some of the rye they found aging at Tom Moore.
    Damn you, Chuck. Now I want some more than I did before...
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by barturtle View Post
    Damn you, Chuck. Now I want some more than I did before...
    ahhh.... does the turtle need a little drinkey

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Never mind. I've confirmed that it's BT rye, not Tom Moore. Not that that's a bad thing.

Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    Never mind. I've confirmed that it's BT rye, not Tom Moore. Not that that's a bad thing.
    Oh, good. Now I just want it as much as before...I do like me some BT Rye.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

I'm no Pappyophile

Advanced Taster

Was out shopping with my mom and I made her stop at the local ABC to see if there was anything new and they had all three of these whiskies in! i wanted to walk out with all of them but that would have been too expensive, plus my mom reminded me x-mas is around the corner so i just picked up the small batch. I was suprised she said that because usually she thinks im crazy for spending more than 20-25 bucks on a bottle of whiskey, and even more strange she accually listened and seemed intrigued when i explaned the difference between the bottles and why i have to have all of them.

So hopefully for x-mas i will have the other 2, the manager said i was the first to buy one of these so they should have plenty.
    Last edited by CygnusX-1; 11-21-2009 at 14:52.
    -Jon V
    I Don't Need No Instructions To Know How To Rock!

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by CygnusX-1 View Post
    Was out shopping with my mom and I made her stop at the local ABC to see if there was anything new and they had all three of these whiskies in! i wanted to walk out with all of them but that would have been too expensive, plus my mom reminded me x-mas is around the corner so i just picked up the small batch. I was suprised she said that because usually she thinks im crazy for spending more than 20-25 bucks on a bottle of whiskey, and even more strange she accually listened and seemed intrigued when i explaned the difference between the bottles and why i have to have all of them.

So hopefully for x-mas i will have the other 2, the manager said i was the first to buy one of these so they should have plenty.
    I will be in Va Beach next week for Thanksgiving what ABC store did you see these. We have yet to get any in.
    Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    Ernest Hemingway
    2009 Fantasy Football Champion

Advanced Taster

Dan,
    Its the ABC in redmill commons and they also have the new WT Tradition 14yr, but hands off thats mine! (just kidding its yours if you want unless i breakdown and buy it before you get to it )
    -Jon V
    I Don't Need No Instructions To Know How To Rock!

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by independant View Post
    ...We have yet to get any in.
    Ask, at present most stores are keeping it in the back until a display comes in. They will sell if you ask for it.

Advanced Taster

Quote Originally Posted by mgilbertva View Post
    ...was not so great; at least, not given how much they cost...
    Is it "worth the cost" comes down to what one values. I value sampling a variety, so cost isn't so important on the first bottle. Others balance quality versus $$, but what determines quality is different for each individual. If one wants a flavor sort of like WT101 or Bulleitt but with more age, range, wood, and willing to pay triple the $$ for it, then Bowman rye may be a consideration for sampling. If one likes the wood of Pappy 20yo but willing to sacrifice roundness/complexity for price, then the Bowman single barrel is a consideration. Several of my friends have bought multiple bottles and they're happy with the purchase. I enjoyed all three. I'll pick up a couple more bottles.

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Quote Originally Posted by CygnusX-1 View Post

I'm sure your Mom is making calls now to arrange the intervention.
    Last edited by cowdery; 11-21-2009 at 20:50.