Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Results 1 to 4 of 4
  1. #1
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    5,237

    Weird Rebate Offer

    Just got an email this morning with an Old Forester rebate offer. What struck me as odd was that they were offering $2 off a handle and $3 off a liter or a fifth. Could it have been a missprint or is there something else going on?
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

  2. #2
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Portland, Maine
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: Weird Rebate Offer

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Just got an email this morning with an Old Forester rebate offer. What struck me as odd was that they were offering $2 off a handle and $3 off a liter or a fifth. Could it have been a missprint or is there something else going on?
    I also thought that was weird . . . perhaps it's because the handle is already discounted (per volume) . . . $15.99 for a fifth, $22.99 for a handle. I thought, "wow, $3 . . . "


    (Actually, looking at that written down now . . . $20.99 for a handle seems like a pretty good deal even though I don't really like OF . . . willing to give it another whirl at that price)
    Last edited by funknik; 11-06-2009 at 06:59.
    "A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all . . . "

    Andy

  3. #3
    Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Metro Detroit
    Posts
    5,237

    Re: Weird Rebate Offer

    Quote Originally Posted by funknik View Post
    I also thought that was weird . . . perhaps it's because the handle is already discounted (per volume) . . . $15.99 for a fifth, $22.99 for a handle. I thought, "wow, $3 . . . "


    (Actually, looking at that written down now . . . $20.99 for a handle seems like a pretty good deal even though I don't really like OF . . . willing to give it another whirl at that price)
    It's more expensive here (around $17), but worse yet, there isn't really much of a volume savings on the handles over the fifths. Oddly, there usually does work out to be a savings on what few liter bottles are sold here.
    Last edited by Josh; 11-06-2009 at 09:03.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

  4. #4
    Bourbonian of the Year 2010 and Guru
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Kentucky!
    Posts
    4,750

    Re: Weird Rebate Offer

    Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Oddly, there usually does work out to be a savings on what few liter bottles are sold here.
    Liters are normal bar stock, so the pricing there is more competitive to try to get the bars to stock their product, that pricing just also happens to make its way to retail.
    2010 Bourbonian of the Year

    As long as you have good whiskey you're not "unemployed", you're "Funemployed!!!"

    I'm no Pappyophile

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Diageo rebate offer
    By bonneamie in forum Non-Whiskey Alcohol
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-03-2009, 05:36
  2. Weird St. Patrick's Day Drinks
    By cowdery in forum Cocktails
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 23:51
  3. OFBB and Old Forrester Rebate
    By pepcycle in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-17-2004, 22:28
  4. George Dickel Rebate
    By johnrobe in forum Other American Whiskey
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-13-2001, 14:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top