Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

View Poll Results: To what extent do you and your spouse or significant other share a love of bourbon?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • S/he encourages me to buy and drink as much bourbon as I want, but never joins me.

7 18.42%
  • S/he sometimes drinks bourbon with me, but isn't the avid bourbonian that I am.

6 15.79%
  • S/he drinks as much bourbon as I do and is just as knowledgeable about it as I am.

2 5.26%
  • S/he routinely drinks all of the Kentucky Spirit when I'm not around and then forgets to tell me that we're out.

0 0%
  • We drink together, but s/he prefers alcoholic beverages other than bourbon.

13 34.21%
  • S/he doesn't drink and is indifferent to my drinking.

5 13.16%
  • S/he doesn't drink and would prefer that I not drink.

5 13.16%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Guru

Sharing Your Love of Bourbon With the One You Love

Remember guys and gals, if you don't have the you-know-whats to tell it as it is, then don't vote, OK?

Yours truly,
    Dave Morefield

Disciple

Re: Sharing Your Love of Bourbon With the One You Love

MY wife is a little of several of your choices. She is quite the avid bourbonian, and the fact that she can smell much better than I (3 broken noses already in my life can wreak havoc on that sense) is indispensable when I/WE do tasting notes. Anybody who was with us at the bourbon festival can tell you that she had as much fun there as I

That said, she does like other types of alcohol (especially tequila, and to a lesser extent vodka/gin in the context of a "good"martini) as well. She would probably choose tequila as her favorite liquor if asked.

And she ahs been known to drink all the Old Ezra 7 or George Dickel in the house and then serendipitously re-add it too the shopping list! !

I'd say my wife gets a big ole BLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!! Overall!! !

TomC

Administrator in exile

Leslie takes an intrest in bourbon and the bourbon industry, but doesn't especially like to drink it. She does enjoy a bourbon sour, but she is mostly a wine drinker.

Guru

Stacy is pretty much the same way. She totally supports me in my collecting aspects and even goes out of her way to help me find new bottles. And like your wife Jeff, she also enjoys aspects of bourbon and the industry but mainly she is a beer or wine girl.

Enthusiast

I've cast my vote, but if I had the opportunity I would tweak my vote somewhat. I stated a short time back that I've converted my lady from strictly wine and beer to a neat-drinking bourbon/whiskey women! She doesn't drink as much as I, but almost as frequent, and on occasion does the purchasing as well! We usually drink together, and is getting pretty good at identifying specific tastes/flavors in the pours (in less than a year).....You've come a long way baby! See ya, H'wood

**DONOTDELETE**

Re: Sharing Your Love of Bourbon With the One You

Those of you that have met Vickie can attest to the fact that she can go drink for drink with any man and can drink average men under the table. She knows quite a bit about bourbon itself as to how it is made and who makes what and whether a bourbon is a traditional rye recipe or a wheater, but she could care less about it's history. It's all about the here and now with her. She wants bourbon right here - right now.

Bourbonian of the Year 2006

Re: Sharing Your Love of Bourbon With the One You

Interesting Poll. My wife and I distinctly different roles in bourbon acquisition and drinking. I am responsible for finding the new, rare and different.I am the explorer and researcher. She is the part time stocker and drinking companion. She has no preconceived notion it comes to tasting and could care less about butterscotch, vanilla and green corn. She knows if she likes it or doesn't and their isn't a lot of middle ground. I sometimes envy her simple approach. Its a nice balance between of us of analytical and empirical.

Taster

Although she doesn't drink bourbon herself very often, Peggy has always been great too. My Christmas or birthday gifts are often a bottle of a good bourbon or a book on bourbon. She helps make the search and collection of different bourbons more fun.

Todd

Virtuoso

My wife Cathy has been supportive so far. She even suggested me buying the Old Pappy a few years ago for $70. I wasn't even thinking of buying it because of the cost, but I wasn't about to turn away from that opportunity.

But, alas, I may be about to get the evil eye. I have filled up a whole shelf in the butler cabinet and I have started stocking spares in the mini-bourbon bunker. Plus, I have the Stag on the way. I think, understandably, her threshold is about to be reached. That just means I have to drink more to make more room!

Taster

My wife can't even tolerate the smell of bourbon, due to a bad run-in as a teen. However, she'll occasionally try a sip, then make horrid faces . In the meantime, she's OK with me buying it "within reason".