Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567
    Moderator and Bourbonian Of The Year 2014

Re: Buffalo Trace comes Down Under!!

Quote Originally Posted by p_elliott View Post
    The watering down of your bourbon to 74 proof (37%) is an outrage as well. They can not legally sell it here like that.
    I think I remember Chuck mentioning that the 40% law was only applicable to the USA, and that it can't be enforced, or is negotiable for international markets.
    From memory, Jim Beam ship white label in stainless steel containers to Australia where it is dumped, (and I assume) dilluted and bottled. I don't know how other brands do it though.

Quote Originally Posted by camduncan View Post
    I think I remember Chuck mentioning that the 40% law was only applicable to the USA, and that it can't be enforced, or is negotiable for international markets.
    From memory, Jim Beam ship white label in stainless steel containers to Australia where it is dumped, (and I assume) dilluted and bottled. I don't know how other brands do it though.
    Yes the law only applies to the USA.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Novice

Quote Originally Posted by Pieface View Post
    I can get the Ritt Bib for just under $70 locally. I have seen a couple of the Old Potrero range at a place too but they were upwards of $120.

I'm also looking forwards to the Sazerac rye that they will be bringing in too!
    Hello Yes Southtrade will be bringing in the Sazerac Rye as well.

Welcome aboard Blake!

Do you happen to have any pictures of the Guy May event at the Bowery??

Cheers

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Connoisseur

Welcome Blake!

I have spotted a few places with BT at $55 and once on special for $49.99. POS material seems pretty limited which is not going to help as JD and WT regularly have large POS displays and competitions to enter via purchase. Raising brand awareness is going to be a time consuming process.

On the plus side one bottleshop I frequent seemed to have cleared through at least one shelf of BT and had to restock. BT has the quality to go up against EWSB which seems to be it's natural price point competition and while I prefer WT8 in that price bracket BT is definitely a more approachable whiskey for the novice bourbonite.

Looking forwards to the Saz becoming available.

I have had to reorder a case already and I am in an area where people drink beam, bundy or XXX gold and buy alcohol before they feed their kids. Suggestive selling is the key. Some will pony up and buy it

The lovely Lynda came to see me yesterday and said there may be some opportunities coming up for "win in store' promos with either buffalo heads or barrel heads! Cant wait!

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Buffalo Trace is kicking along nicely in Perth and I know an excellent place to buy it for $49.99! Vintage Cellars are selling it for $65 and 1st Choice are currently ranging it so expect to see it on a shelf soon, Sazerac Rye is days away due to a customs issue, it's here and just needs to be cleared. It's going to have to retail around $75 plus and based on what I've heard about the booze it'll be a one-off proposition for most punters.. $75 even here in Oz buys a very decent bottle of booze..

Quote Originally Posted by camduncan View Post
    Yeah it comes here and is cut 3% just like Old Crow. Others do it too, Cougar, McKenna, Slate, Real McCoy and the gang. Nice tax dodge when you look at the volumes being shipped!

[quote=Pieface;203735]Welcome Blake!

On the plus side one bottleshop I frequent seemed to have cleared through at least one shelf of BT and had to restock. BT has the quality to go up against EWSB which seems to be it's natural price point competition and while I prefer WT8 in that price bracket BT is definitely a more approachable whiskey for the novice bourbonite.

Couldn't agree more mate, I have put quite a few malt drinkers onto it too, texture and flavour profile normally bowls them over, look at the malts at this price point - there aint much!!