Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Advanced Taster

any thoughts on dallas?

hey all,

making a couple trips down to Dallas in the next couple months- for Thanksgiving to see Mrs. K's fam, then for the wedding of a friend of Mrs. K. Now, whenever I leave my beloved NYC, I do my damnednest to try to find good bourbon at stores that aren't paying nyc rent. I'm not trying to take your dusties, though i still don't think i've had a S-W bottle in its prime so I wouldn't say no to one. But I'm looking for things that would be 35-40 or more here, but are more reasonable there. Also, 1.75s of Buffalo Trace, which seem to be non existent here in NY.

Also, bars or restaurants with decent bourbon behind the bar. Any thoughts?

Bourbonian of the Year 2009 and Virtuoso

Re: any thoughts on dallas?

Goody Goody always seems to have a good selection at fair prices. Several locations but I usually shop at the one on upper Greenville Ave. I've bought the BTAC's there many times. The Dallas SB'ers may offer up where to get any dusties, but I believe Dallas is fairly cleaned out. There never were a lot of liquor stores there because it was mostly a dry county.

Randy

Advanced Taster

Thanks Randy. Hey Dallas SBers, any thoughts? I'd travel a bit to find some good stuff.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Ruby K View Post
    hey all,

making a couple trips down to Dallas in the next couple months- for Thanksgiving to see Mrs. K's fam, then for the wedding of a friend of Mrs. K. Now, whenever I leave my beloved NYC, I do my damnednest to try to find good bourbon at stores that aren't paying nyc rent. I'm not trying to take your dusties, though i still don't think i've had a S-W bottle in its prime so I wouldn't say no to one. But I'm looking for things that would be 35-40 or more here, but are more reasonable there. Also, 1.75s of Buffalo Trace, which seem to be non existent here in NY.

Also, bars or restaurants with decent bourbon behind the bar. Any thoughts?
    That store I PMed you about called Spirits has all the Buffalo Trace products you could need, maybe even a few BTAC in the back if you ask nicely.

And you are right Randy about there not being a ton of liquor stores in Dallas county, but Dallas proper is crammed full of them. But nothing like the plethera of Houston locals. Man you guys like your liquor.