Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Advanced Taster

My bourbon trip to Sweden

So I am on my way to Sweden for a vacation with my brother. In my possession are a bottle of Woodford Seasoned Oak and an 09' GTS. These are bound for Leif (nor02lei). He has graciously offered his home for a tasting of these marvelous bourbons. Pictures and stories are soon to follow.

Matt (BBQ+Bourbon) made this possible by acquiring both bottles and should get full credit for this. :middle finger:

Now to just smuggle these bottles though customs.. and I am set. My dashing good looks and devious smile have awarded me yet another first class upgrade across the pond. I hope they stocked up on woodford minis... I plan on killing all of them

Connoisseur

Re: My bourbon trip to Sweden

Good luck with the Stagg.

http://www.tsa.gov/travelers/airtrav...rial_1189.shtm

Please note, you can’t take alcoholic beverages with more than 70% alcohol content (140 proof), including 95% grain alcohol and 150 proof rum, in your checked luggage.
    Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    Ernest Hemingway
    2009 Fantasy Football Champion

Looks like Dan beat me to the punch with the link. Here's a thread that might be helpful too. http://www.straightbourbon.com/forum...ourbon+Germany

Hope you have a fun, safe trip Jake. Be sure to tell Leif hello for us. Don't forget to bring back some JDSS. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Advanced Taster

Well it appears that Leif will be getting BOTH bottles. They made it through without any issues. I didn't even get stopped by customs.

I have flown with 13 bottles before, state to state, with no issue.

Knock on wood!

Atta boy Jake. Hope the good luck continues. Make sure that you and/or Leif post something about your tasting. Post some pics too if you can. Like I said in my previous post, say hello to Leif from all of us. Hands across the water. Joe

Make sure he gives you a taste of the JDSS too.
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by sgtgto View Post
    Well it appears that Leif will be getting BOTH bottles. They made it through without any issues. I didn't even get stopped by customs.

I have flown with 13 bottles before, state to state, with no issue.

Knock on wood!
    You must truly have dashing good looks and a devious smile.

Airport security always takes one look at me and takes me to a small room and asked me to undress.
    Always do sober what you said you’d do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut.
    Ernest Hemingway
    2009 Fantasy Football Champion

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by independant View Post
    You must truly have dashing good looks and a devious smile.

Airport security always takes one look at me and takes me to a small room and asked me to undress.
    Hmmm... maybe you're the one with the dashing good looks.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Enthusiast

LOL @ the dashing good looks all around!

I was about to suggest you put a couple LotB labels on those bottles to get through, but your method was better still!

Joshua and I found several bottles of the WR last night and I'm anxious to see how you like that one.

A couple thoughts; first, if the guys who steal those bottles keep them for personal use they are both scumbag lowlifes and saviors. Second, it's interesting that a country known for hot, powerful beer would ban high proof bourbon.

Jake, I came up blanks on the PVWFRR so far.

Advanced Taster

Why is it so freaking hard to find VWFRR?!?!

ATTENTION ATTENTION... if you know of any VWFRR please get ahold of me!

The airlines misplaced my brother.. he finally showed up at almost midnight. NOT a fun day yesterday. All is well now... lots of snow here.. so everywhere in Europe..

Quote Originally Posted by BBQ+Bourbon View Post
    LOL @ the dashing good looks all around!

I was about to suggest you put a couple LotB labels on those bottles to get through, but your method was better still!

Joshua and I found several bottles of the WR last night and I'm anxious to see how you like that one.

A couple thoughts; first, if the guys who steal those bottles keep them for personal use they are both scumbag lowlifes and saviors. Second, it's interesting that a country known for hot, powerful beer would ban high proof bourbon.

Jake, I came up blanks on the PVWFRR so far.
    Matt

The problem with the GTS is it's not allowed on airplanes it's considered a hazardous material. That's why GTS used to be nicknamed hazemat.

Paul
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.