Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Taster

Re: BOTM Dec09: Buffalo Trace

I find BT drinkable but I'm not really a fan. It used to be $29 at our state liquor store but has been on sale at $22 for several months. They no longer list it on their website so I'm wondering if the state is going to discontinue it.

Taster

Buffalo Trace was the third bourbon I ever tried. I drank Maker's for a few years, had a little bit of Blanton's, then BT. It's what really got me interested in bourbon, I absolutely love it. I know many have commented on the "grass" in it, but I actually find more of a grassy taste in EC12, which I like also. But especially at the price, even in VA, it's a great value. I picked up a 1.75 in MD the other day for $38, which makes it even better.

Enthusiast

I finally had a dram of this at a local restaurant not long ago. Just one of those things I have considered buying, but got distracted by something else in the store.

It was a unique experience, as the "root vegetable" taste that I associate with Eagle Rare and Blanton's were also quite noticeable in this, one of BT's simpler products. It must be a distillery characteristic. Licorice or fennel, with star anise, and a spicy kick of clove and/or black pepper.

All in all, quite tasty.
    "Suppose he's got a pointed stick!?!"

- Eric Idle, Monty Python's Flying Circus

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by boss302 View Post
    I finally had a dram of this at a local restaurant not long ago. Just one of those things I have considered buying, but got distracted by something else in the store.

It was a unique experience, as the "root vegetable" taste that I associate with Eagle Rare and Blanton's were also quite noticeable in this, one of BT's simpler products. It must be a distillery characteristic. Licorice or fennel, with star anise, and a spicy kick of clove and/or black pepper.

All in all, quite tasty.
    That said it for me.

I am also quite partial the Monthy Python quote...
    Emancipate yourself from mental slavery. None but ourselves can free our minds.

Bob Marley.