Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678
    Connoisseur

Unhappy Re: Bourbon and snow

Just wrapped-up this morning...so-o-oh much fun. Still have to clear the sidewalk.
    Dave G.

Trippah and Admin

Re: Bourbon and snow

It looks like you live at the end of the Olympic half-pipe.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Guru

This morning I left for work at 7:00 a.m. At 2:00 pm I finally made it out of the driveway. I got my SUV stuck half way down the drive and it took 6.5 hours to clear the driveway. I figured I could make it down since the snow didn't "appear" to be too deep on the drive after yesterdays snow.....but, with the high winds, I ended up with drifts as high as 4 feet at the middle to the end of the driveway (my drive is 350 ft long). On top of all that, the overnight snow plows dumped a massive pile of snow in front of my driveway. If not for my neighbor bringing his snow blower over and the kindness of a state worker that cleared the end of my driveway with his huge tractor, I'd still be digging out. In case I haven't mentioned it.....I HATE SNOW!!!!!

Tonight, I'll raise a glass to my neighbor, state worker dude, and my wonderful wife and kids who worked all the day long shoveling.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Connoisseur

Man, speaking of snow:

http://professional-geek.com/persona...winter2010.htm

This is TEXAS, for heaven's sake, and we are about to beat our record for largest single-day snowfall in 35 years. I'm glad that I don't have to be out in it, and can just sit and sip my GTS.
    Mark Edwards - Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ggilbertva View Post
    ... I pull into the driveway and see his car teetering on a mound of snow.....front and back wheels off the ground. Now, I usually don't curse, but today was an exception. Here's his car, balancing on a mound of snow (ok, I laughing now as I'm typing this but I was pretty furious when I came home).

Quote Originally Posted by ggilbertva View Post
    I got my SUV stuck half way down the drive and it took 6.5 hours to clear the driveway. I figured I could make it down since the snow didn't "appear" to be too deep on the drive after yesterdays snow.....
    I think it might be best if you let your wife do the driving

Guru

two pics of yesterdays fun
    Attached Images Attached Images
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog