Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 93 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast
    Disciple

Re: What are you drinking Winter 2009/2010

Yesterday I had a bit of a Wheat Parade that started with some VW Lot 'B', moved into some Julio's OWA, on into WLW '09 and back into Julio's OWA, then ended with a Lot 'B' for a perfect sandwich.
    "A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all . . . "

Andy

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by funknik View Post
    Yesterday I had a bit of a Wheat Parade that started with some VW Lot 'B', moved into some Julio's OWA, on into WLW '09 and back into Julio's OWA, then ended with a Lot 'B' for a perfect sandwich.
    excellent.

There is snow on my lawn and the temps have fallen below the 40s and they're not going to come back up for a long time. Thus, it is winter at my house.

Ergo, I had some Templeton Rye (got a lot of cocoa out of it this time, a bit Old Potero-esque), 4R Single Barrel, and EWSB 2000 last night. Deeelightful.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Special Reserve View Post
    I had a last drink of the Fall, but that thread is now closed even though it is still Fall.
    Winter starts December 21st... when the new threads started, it was already the 21st in much of the world.... so not really an early start.... I had my Japanesses brethern to think of

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by spun_cookie View Post
    Winter starts December 21st... when the new threads started, it was already the 21st in much of the world.... so not really an early start.... I had my Japanesses brethern to think of
    For the record, I posted on 12-21-09 at 0817 EST. Winter began on 12-21-09 at 1247 EST. I know it's a fine point and I'm not itching for a pissing contest.

I was surprised that the "Winter" postings didn't begin sooner than it did.

Enthusiast

after several weeks of trying different seasonal beers, I finally got back to bourbon Sat. night. Started with a pour of Weller SR, then Four Roses SB. Man, that 4Roses hit the spot. I'm close to the end of this bottle and I know there's one more on the shelf from the same barrel because I put it at the back of the shelf behind 2 other bottles with different barrel info (is that wrong?). Just have to come up with the funds after already committing to getting a 4RSB gift set that's supposed to be in today.

Guru

For the record, I posted on 12-21-09 at 0817 EST. Winter began on 12-21-09 at 1247 EST. I know it's a fine point and I'm not itching for a pissing contest.

I was surprised that the "Winter" postings didn't begin sooner than it did.

I was just playing any how... ... I was just going with the snow theme... a toast to you ...I think I will have a glass of WT to think about this some more

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by spun_cookie View Post
    I was just playing any how... ... I was just going with the snow theme... a toast to you ...I think I will have a glass of WT to think about this some more
    Emerald,

I thought you were just playing but you know that are always those who insist on astronomical purity.

Keep looking forward to enjoying that WTKS.

Will

Disciple

WTR and Overholt bottled 1981 before dinner and WTRR 101 (last out of the bottle) after. All tasted well and I especially I think the WTR tasted better than last time I had it. Still I think the old time rye was slightly better despite the low proof.

Leif
    Swedish lover of American whiskey

Guru

Re: What bourbon are you drinking Winter 2009/2010

I added bourbon to the thread title and I am sipping some Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit, The Bourbon Society bottle, neat.
    ovh

Guru

Emerald,

I thought you were just playing but you know that are always those who insist on astronomical purity.

Keep looking forward to enjoying that WTKS.

Will

Will,
    The one thing we can all be serious about is the fact that I enjoy this site and this wonderful nectar to relax with good folks.... I deal with exacts, margin of error and all other good engineering activities all day... the last thing I want is to get detailed on bourbon

Let me know what you think of that 12 yr... I still have not tried that one yet...