Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Advanced Taster

So glad SB.com is here

I know that I'm not the first to say this, but I just wanted to say that I am glad that that SB.com exists. I confess that I don't get here as often as I would like, but I DO enjoy it when I do. You provide a valuable resourse. I will try to be more involved in the New Year and offer what I can to the conversation.

Thank you!

John
    Publisher and Editor of Whisky Advocate magazine.

Disciple

Re: So glad SB.com is here

Yes . Thank You Mr. Butler. For a great community forum with an immense amount of invaluable information.

Guru

Here-Here.............................................. ...

As many of us have drunk many whiskeys on many occasions with you, John, so we know and appreciate the sincerity of your remark. And while we tolerate and understand the underlying rationales for emphasizing 'that other whisk(e)y' -- which many of us enjoy, too -- in your publication and Whisky Magazine, we also celebrate and appreciate when you honor and recognize the quality of American whiskeys vis-a-vis the single malts.
    The honest appreciation of whisk(e)y styles -- both where they converge and diverge -- doesn't so much require us to choose sides as it does to recognize the discriminations of our respective palates.
    As you represent yourself, John, the best way to appreciate our personal preferences is to appreciate them as widely as possible.

Advanced Taster

Very much agree. I've learned a great deal and started making some new friends here. thanks for sharing the wealth and thanks to the folks who started this lovely SB.com thing!

Advanced Taster

And bourbon companies and our credit card companies thank you, too. The more we get exposed to new things we have to try, the more we have to buy.

To "The Boss"" I say thank you for the hours of work necessary too keep this web site active and free.

This was the devils post #666
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Guru

Through SB.com, I've made a couple of good friends along with increasing my own whiskey education. Thank you.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

Enthusiast

SB has been invaluable to me as I learn about the world of bourbon and American whiskey. Thanks.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    SB has been invaluable to me as I learn about the world of bourbon and American whiskey. Thanks.
    Ditto. Ditto. Ditto.
    "A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all . . . "

Andy