Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Administrator in exile

Padron and Van Winkle

Tonight I am enjoying a Padron 3000 Maduro and a glass of VW 10yo 107. The Padron had a nice, but almost bitter taste that is offset by the sweet-smoothness of the Van Winkle. The padron 3000 is a nice robusto/rothchilde size that I prefer. I am picking up lots of coffee/espresso notes and something that tastes like an "Egg McMuffin" in this one. The perfect breakfast cigar .This adds a nice "smokey" woodsey taste to the fruity bourbon. A nice pair!

Novice

Re: Padron and Van Winkle

Jeff, that has to be the first time I've ever heard anyone say egg mcmuffin in a cigar review!! just shows how different we all are. I love Padron 300 maddies with Knob creek. That coffe/expresso flavor is what I get from them too. That just goes well in my mouth the KC. I'll have to give one a try with the vw 10yo 107!! Thansk for the review!!

Administrator in exile

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    that has to be the first time I've ever heard anyone say egg mcmuffin in a cigar review

[/QUOTE]

It was just one of those things that come to you. While in the middle of my cigar, my mouth started watering and tasted like I had just eaten one. I think I was getting a "meaty" taste that reminded me of the Canadian Bacon they use. And something sort of tasted like an egg. Go figure. Now I'm hungry Do I head for McDonalds or the humidor

**DONOTDELETE**

I think we'd all just better fire up the still. I like Padron Maduros of all sizes. What's not to like?

Virtuoso

Come to your senses, man. Head for the liquor cabinet. A little Stagg will wash that after taste right out of your mouth.