Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Enthusiast

Re: Did anyone actually buy the 23 yr Old Rip set?

Crap, I had forgotten about our tax return...there might be one of these in my future after all.
    "F**k it, I'm gettin' into the whiskey."
    -Joe Alvey

Connoisseur

I did get one and it is very good however, I would have rather had a regular bottle at $250 then the presentation we got for $350.
    Illuminati in training

Virtuoso

The last two bottles of 12 y. o. Highland Park Single Malt Scotch Whisky (750ml, 43&#37 I bought each came with a free authentic Glencairn glass. The bottle is clear glass, it's handsome, ergonomic, long and flatish with an embossed elf-rune like 'h' (and cool embossed in glass writing stating 'ESTd 1798') and it has a rather large mouth with a cork stopper. The whisky is very nice. I paid about $35 a bottle.

I mean I LOVE the two excellent Van Winkle products I've tried, but I'm just sayin' ...
    Peace, ... and Hippy Love.

I think I'm going to get one. Wait for the dollar to go a little higher and then wait for Binny's to have another 15% off, thought I think you have to have a Binny's card for that shit...maybe I need a Binnys card.....

Scott
    "I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day" - Frank Sinatra

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by HighTower View Post
    I think I'm going to get one. Wait for the dollar to go a little higher and then wait for Binny's to have another 15% off, thought I think you have to have a Binny's card for that shit...maybe I need a Binnys card.....

Scott
    They won't honor the 15% off on the ORVW 23 set as it's an allocated bottling...the 15% off is also only good on in store purchases only. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but that is what I was told when I tried to buy one.

Guru

I came really close to getting one (I really did) but I just could not justify that price.
    Joe
    Colonel Joseph B. "Bourbon Joe" Koch

"Bourbon.....It's cheaper than therapy!!"

Advanced Taster

I want it... I usually stop at the 2 bill range.... Hope I don't see it on the shelf.... I might get ugly.
    Jeff...

I can learn to resist anything but temptation.

Advanced Taster

ORVW 23 is out in LA now at $369 to $399 + 9.75% sales tax. Are you kidding me? For one 750ml bottle! I say; "sucker" to anyone who falls for this marketing hype. I see it all the time in LA.

I can pick up a PVW 23 for $179.99 (+8.75% sales tax) in OC any day (still over priced). You tell me what's the difference because I'll never have any ORVW 23.

Let me do the math, 2 PVW 23 or 1 ORVW 23. Or I could just pick up two cases (6 bottles) of 2009 GTS for the same price as 1 ORVW 23. Oh wait, I already have picked up two cases of 2009 GTS @ $180 per case.

I guess I just pass on this over priced "once in a lifetime, until the next time" bottle and enjoy my GTS.

Jim