Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

BOTM 1/10 Weller 12 Year Old

Since Weller 12 hasn't been the BOTM before, I thought I'd make it this months BOTM. A lot of folks seem to have acquired some (or a lot) recently. (myself included) So, give us your thoughts. Be it a regular bottling, Binny's bottling, or other specialty bottling. Let us know what you think. Thanks. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Connoisseur

Re: BOTM 1/10 Weller 12 Year Old

The Binnys bottling is 14 year Bernheim if I am not mistaken and beautiful bourbon at that! MY house pour to those that will drink it neat. Best bang for the buck out there IMO.

Guru

One of my favorites (particularly since the demise of Centennial). A great pour and a great value.

I hope BT can get the shortages behind them and get production and demand in sync.
    Last edited by jburlowski; 01-11-2010 at 14:32.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."

Enthusiast

I love me some Weller 12, too bad NO WHERE here has it... ever. But it's a great excuse to go to Chicago!
    "So long as the presence of death lurks with anyone who goes through the simple act of swallowing, I will make mine whiskey"

Administrator in exile

Same here, it might appear on the store shelves once or twice a year, only to disappear shortly thereafter. One of my all time favorites!
    Simplicity is the essence of universality - MK Ghandi

Enthusiast

I'm glad to see I'm not the only one having a tough time finding this. I've actually never seen a bottle of it.

Enthusiast

Excellent choice, Joe! I've been meaning to pick up a bottle of current Weller 12 Year and you inspired me to get by the local grocery store tonight. In the handle, it came to $16.74/750 which is a crazy deal for this stuff! Does anybody know where the current bottles were produced? I assume it's BT juice.

In Kansas City, there are plenty of bottles to be found if you know where they are. However, it's slow moving and the stores that have it do not reorder when the shelf is empty. The store where I picked up this bottle has had the same shelf of OWA and Weller 12 since they opened, around 2007. Works out well for me!

I'm going to try the Binnys, the current, and some 1988/2000 Weller 12 I found a while back. Can't wait!
    Last edited by BBQ+Bourbon; 01-11-2010 at 16:41.

Disciple

The Binnys Weller 12 is horrible. Best to stick with the regular juice just to stay on the safe side.
    ~Robert BTOTY #2 2009

GBS Member - 2011 Indoctrination

Advanced Taster

One friend picked me up the Binny's iteration over thanksgiving. and Matt sent me a taste of the S-W edition. Last, I've finally seen the regular version in NYC. I can't freaking believe it! I haven't had it in a good while, so i think i'm going to snag the nyc bottle and do a side by side by side. you know, it is the bourbon of the month and all. :-)

Disciple

I've only had one bottle of Weller 12, but it was fantastic . . . I have another regular bottle and two Binny's bottles in the bunker.

I thought it was very close to on par with either the Lot 'B' or Centennial, though not quite as good as either of those. Still with Lot 'B' over $50 just about everywhere and difficult to find, Weller 12 looks like a pretty reasonable replacement, although it seems to be equally hard-to-find.
    "A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all . . . "

Andy