Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Advanced Taster

New from Des Moines Iowa

Greetings all!

I'm an attorney in Des Moines Iowa. 28 y.o. I have been drinking bourbon for 4 or 5 years. I have tried a lot in the past couple of years.

Of the top of my head, my favorites so far in no particular order are: PVW 15, this year's Stagg (haven't had any other years), Wild Turkey 101, Elijah Craig 12. I have a bottle of the BTAC Weller and a 4 Roses SB Barrel Strength I'm looking forward to popping open.

I started drinking whiskey when I realized I didn't like Jack and cokes b/c of the coke. Moved on from there.

I look forward to chatting with you all.

Re: New from Des Moines Iowa

Welcome to SB Jeff. Hmmmm, Des Moines Iowa, likes WT 101. You have a neighbor to the southwest of you that likes Turkey too. p_elliott. I'm sure Paul will give you a rousing welcome. Hope you enjoy it here Jeff. Lots of good times, good folks and good bourbon. Cheers! Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Jeff

Welcome to the site, I'm from from the bourbon waste land of Iowa as well. Apparently you have traveled to the motherland to do a little bourbon shopping. I hope you like the site ask as many questions as you want, post your opinions. Chat is officially on Thursday and Sunday nights but is open all the time and you never know when you may catch some of us in there. There is a wealth of knowledge on this site so read and read and read some more. Get to know people here make some new friends and have some fun.

Paul
    Last edited by p_elliott; 01-09-2010 at 01:56.
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Advanced Taster

Thanks for the welcomes. I have actually found a couple of great bourbon supplies near me. Central City in DSM carries the VW line and a couple of others you don't see everywhere. Not a huge selection, but some variety. Cyclone Liquors in Ames, however, is AWESOME. I was there for business and stopped in on a whim and almost fainted. The entire BTAC line, WT line, Weller, Rittenhouse, Van Winkles, 4 roses . . . [wipes tear] it was beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by IowaJeff View Post
    Thanks for the welcomes. I have actually found a couple of great bourbon supplies near me. Central City in DSM carries the VW line and a couple of others you don't see everywhere. Not a huge selection, but some variety. Cyclone Liquors in Ames, however, is AWESOME. I was there for business and stopped in on a whim and almost fainted. The entire BTAC line, WT line, Weller, Rittenhouse, Van Winkles, 4 roses . . . [wipes tear] it was beautiful.
    Now if I can just come up with a reason to drive to Ames Hmmm......

Advanced Taster

Cool Re: New from Des Moines Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by p_elliott View Post
    Now if I can just come up with a reason to drive to Ames Hmmm......
    Heh, well I may have to make a trip up there as well. Central City is good, and would maybe order special stock in if you wanted a specific bottle or brand.

Anyway, nice to see some fellow Iowans around on this board. great info here, I am really enjoying absorbing as much as I can, both burbon and info.

Advanced Taster

Hmm, actually...now that I think of it....been meaning to head to Great Plains Sauce and Dough or maybe Olde Main Brewery.

May have to make a special trip up there, plus my brother-in-law and Sister-in-law both go to ISU. May have to have them pick me up something on their way home one weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Inthewater View Post
    Hmm, actually...now that I think of it....been meaning to head to Great Plains Sauce and Dough or maybe Olde Main Brewery.

May have to make a special trip up there, plus my brother-in-law and Sister-in-law both go to ISU. May have to have them pick me up something on their way home one weekend.

You might be able to get Old Weller Antique 107 there. But it sound like they may have some more interesting stuff as well.