Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Holiday gift packs

Any interesting holiday gift packs expected this year? For example, last year I picked up WTRB in a wooden box with 2 glasses. I'll be looking for something similar this year. A Four Roses gift pack would be nice.

Guru

Re: Holiday gift packs

Quote Originally Posted by dean_martin View Post
    Any interesting holiday gift packs expected this year? For example, last year I picked up WTRB in a wooden box with 2 glasses. I'll be looking for something similar this year. A Four Roses gift pack would be nice.
    I got the same WTRB wooden box gift pack last year and it really looks nice. I took out the "insert" that held the bottle and glasses in place and chucked it out. The box now houses a bottle of Rare Breed and a pewter-top Kentucky Spirit side by side. I'd like another one of those boxes for my RR10/101 and WT 12 Cheesey Gold Foil bottles.
    "I distrust a man who says 'when.' He's got to be careful not to drink too much, because he's not to be trusted when he does." Sydney Greenstreet

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

Award for the most outrageous goes to the Jaegermeister tap cooler, which is "free" with the purchase of 6 bottles of Jaeger. It's a nice plastic cooler with a place to insert two bottles of Jaeger, upside down, so they feed into a tap on the outside of the cooler. You know, because opening the bottle and pouring the stuff is so much work.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by dean_martin View Post
    I hope we see the same WTRB gift pack this year. If yours is the same one I got last year the glasses are great. The heavy bottom is molded into four blunt feet. The one I bought the year before included really crappy barrel shaped glasses.
    Last edited by ILLfarmboy; 10-30-2009 at 10:25.

Enthusiast

I almost forgot about last year's Jim Beam Small Batch minis gift pack. I picked up 4 of those - 2 for me and 2 for my brother.

My state's ABC board releases its quarterly price list in Nov. which should have the gift sets they're expecting. They just use the word "set" in the price list description. Not very descriptive but it's a hint.

I have the same set too. Got it about a year and a half ago. Last year I saw lots of different gifts sets from many different liquors, but the only bourbon set I saw was a WT 101 with a small glass and muddler. I was kind of disappointed. Hopefully there'll be others available this year. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Novice

I picked up Jim Beam Black 750 ML with 2 (rather small) rocks glasses for $18.99 at the PA state store on Thursday.

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    Award for the most outrageous goes to the Jaegermeister tap cooler, which is "free" with the purchase of 6 bottles of Jaeger. It's a nice plastic cooler with a place to insert two bottles of Jaeger, upside down, so they feed into a tap on the outside of the cooler. You know, because opening the bottle and pouring the stuff is so much work.
    I've been seeing a lot of those in bars recently, actually. I've even seen some with WT American Honey bottles and stickers on them.
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by cowdery View Post
    Especially after you've had a couple...

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ILLfarmboy View Post
    I hope we see the same WTRB gift pack this year. If yours is the same one I got last year the glasses are great. The heavy bottom is molded into four blunt feet. The one I bought the year before included really crappy barrel shaped glasses.
    The same (at least as I recall it) WTRB wooden box gift pack has re-appeared on the shelves locally.
    John B

"Drinking when we are not thirsty and making love at all seasons… that is all there is to distinguish us from other animals."