Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Thread: New from MI

New from MI

Hello all, i've recently came across the site and have been reading through the posts. I see there are a lot of people from Michigan here - i'm from Waterford, does anyone know of some good liquor stores in northern oakland county?

Thanks!

Jason

Guru

Re: New from MI

Quote Originally Posted by jsolack View Post
    Hello all, i've recently came across the site and have been reading through the posts. I see there are a lot of people from Michigan here - i'm from Waterford, does anyone know of some good liquor stores in northern oakland county?

Thanks!

Jason
    Welcome Jason! I don't get up that way very often, but I have been to Harbor Town wine & liquor on Orchard Lake Rd. at Maddy (between Middlebelt & Cass Lake Rd.). They had a pretty good selection IIRC. Kakos Mkt in Birmingham at Woodward & 14 mile isn't too bad either.

So tell us about yourself! How long have you been a bourbon lover, what brands do you like, etc?
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Thanks for the info! I've been a casual bourbon drinker for about 5 or 6 years, but I really began to get into within the past year. Right now i feel like i'm still discovering my palate and brands i enjoy. I've got a bottle Elijah Craig 12 year that i really enjoy, along with Old Weller Antique, Eagle Rare and Old Grand Dad BIB... but to be honest i haven't drank many that i've outright disliked.

I've spent many years home brewing beer which led me to discover and taste many styles of beer... i'm excited to go through a similar process with bourbon/whiskey!

Welcome aboard Jason. Looks like you're off to a good start with the bourbons you already have. This site is a great place to learn about bourbon. The best thing is that you get to meet some good people, and have fun at the same time. Enjoy. Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Advanced Taster

Welcome Jason. You'll meet great people here in Michigan and get to visit and tast when we have a get together. I wasn't able to make the last one, but lots of fun to be had!

Mark

Guru

Jason,

Welcome to SB. I don't know about northern Oakland but I would guess that Clarkston should have a couple of good stores. Go to Google maps and type in liquor, it will give you store locations.

Good luck hunting.

Will