Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
    Bourbonian of the Year 2003 and Super Moderator

FIRE FIRE FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Louisville there is in progress a Distillery warehouse fire . 2 alarm in Shively . They did not say whose it is , The area is near Stitzel Weller and Brown Forman

From the 84 WHAS Newsroom...
    (Louisville, KY) -- Fire Crews from Louisville and Shively are on the scene of a warehouse fire near Seventh Street and Arcade. It is reported an old distillery warehouse caught fire shortly after 4:30pm Sunday. There are no reports of injuries. No has there been a cause for the fire

This is Brown Forman end of town , it is a good way over to Limestone lane where Stitzel Weller is at. Yellowstone had a Distillery near here, they ceased operating in 1990, but I think all of it has been removed. I'll check the news in a bit , Maybe this building was empty, we can hope.

Re: FIRE FIRE FIRE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The building belonged to a company headquartered in Fla, So it's not BF . It was empty and abandoned. It has collasped and the fire is under control. However it is a very big fire, it is covering Louisville with smoke down to Churchill Downs .

Bourbonian of the Year 2004 and Guru

Hey Bobby,

The location kinda scared me a bit...Glad to hear that no one lost "another" warehouse full of whiskey...

Did ya know that the Bernheim-Heaven Hill Distillery is located, down the road Brown Foreman Plant in Louisville? Last time I was there (visiting Craig) there was a Buffalo Trace truck there...I have seen this more than once...I made it a point to ask, why was a Buffalo Trace rig sittin the Lot? Craig told me that they were picking up a load of the old whiskey that is stored in the "brick" warehouses...

Bettye Jo

I was sitting here with the radio on and it came on . I'm glad it's only the loss of an abandoned building as it turns out. Didn't Buffalo Trace distill some bourbon for Diageo for Old Charter or something?

Bourbonian of the Year 2002 and Guru

From the 84 WHAS Newsroom...
    (Louisville, KY) -- Fire Crews from Louisville and Shively are on the scene of a warehouse fire near Seventh Street and Arcade. It is reported an old distillery warehouse caught fire shortly after 4:30pm Sunday. There are no reports of injuries. Nor has there been a cause for the fire.