Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Virtuoso

Re: BOTM 2/10: Ezra Brooks-Ezra B 12 Year Old Single Barrel

The only bottling of this I have tasted is an '05. Absolutely no one in my area stocks it and the one I have is a lucky find so I doubt I will see another. This one is very good. A surprising complexity that invites another sip and a lingering finish. It's tasty, interesting and doesn't do anything wrong plus it's a great value at the $25 I paid. I'm going to miss it when it's gone and wish I could find another to replace it.

Isn't EB a bottler of other peoples juice? If so does anyone know if the '05 is from the same source as current EB12's?

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by sailor22 View Post
    The only bottling of this I have tasted is an '05. Absolutely no one in my area stocks it and the one I have is a lucky find so I doubt I will see another. This one is very good. A surprising complexity that invites another sip and a lingering finish. It's tasty, interesting and doesn't do anything wrong plus it's a great value at the $25 I paid. I'm going to miss it when it's gone and wish I could find another to replace it.

Isn't EB a bottler of other peoples juice? If so does anyone know if the '05 is from the same source as current EB12's?
    I agree with the comment and I wish I could answer the question.
    ovh

Trippah and Admin

EB is a Luxco (David Sherman) brand, supplied and bottled by HH IIRC.
    My name is Joel Goodson. I deal in human fulfillment.
    I grossed over eight thousand dollars in one night. Time of your life, huh kid?

Connoisseur

As usual, I can't "play" this game because of lack of availability. However, the last time I was in KY I got a bottle of Old Ezra #7. I thought it was great for the money. I'm sure I'd like the 12 yo even more. Maybe someday AR will repeal prohibition and I'll be able to get BOTM.

I actually found something I can bring to the gazebo
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by cas View Post
    I like this bourbon pretty well. I'll buy it occaisionally. But it's not nearly as interesting as its predecessor the 15 year old.
    Craig
    I agree. Never got any after the 15yo disappeared a few years back. In any event, maybe I ought to give it a try someday.

Wow, not much action for the current BOTM. I'll play then, ... just picked up a bottle so haven't had the chance to try it yet. Any others gonna give this a try? There really isn't a lot of information on this bourbon on this site so I hope we can all give it a good thorough testing.

Advanced Taster

I think this is one of the best value for money bourbons out there today and I recommend it highly.

No one has mentioned it but I get a light citrus thing in this one as well.

Irreverent One

Quote Originally Posted by velvetsteele View Post
    Wow, not much action for the current BOTM. I'll play then, ... just picked up a bottle so haven't had the chance to try it yet. Any others gonna give this a try? There really isn't a lot of information on this bourbon on this site so I hope we can all give it a good thorough testing.
    I'm still waiting on Joe to re-gift his second bottle to me.
    Scott

"Remember that your sense of humor is inversely proportional to your level of intolerance."
    - Serge Storms

Guru

Quote Originally Posted by CorvallisCracker View Post
    I'm still waiting on Joe to re-gift his second bottle to me.
    Well I had never bought a bottle of this before but I was able to find a bottle at state minimum today and picked one up. I enjoy the EB line quite a bit, and they all tend to be great value bourbons, especially the Old Ezra 7/101.

The Ezra B SB (mine is barrel 328, bottled Feb of 08) has the intensity of the Old Ezra but quite a bit more wood in the nose and a slightly nutty aroma, like what I get out of the Willet Pot Still bottle. Nice slow, broad legs.

On the palate is doesn't disappoint either. It's a bit hotter than expected, but has some nice caramel to go along with the wood and burn. The nutty flavor is still there, but much better balanced than in the Willet Pot Still.

Glad I picked this one up!
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog