Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.

Thread: First Post

Hybrid View

Novice

First Post

I've just want to say high from the Chicago suburbs. I've been reading the forum for a long time and have finally gotten around to posting somthing. Has anyone tried "80 Strong" I've seen the bottle at local Binnys, was wondering if it is any good. If this has been discussed elsewhere I apologize in advance.

Connoisseur

Re: First Post

Quote Originally Posted by srxblue View Post
    I've just want to say high from the Chicago suburbs.
    A fine hello to you as well, SRXblue. I have eyeballed the 80 Strong for a while too but haven't tried it yet. I haven't heard any opinions on it but this is the right place to find out.
    Often I am forced to deal with the fact that I prefer bourbon over dealing with facts.

Guru

I've just want to say high from the Chicago suburbs. I've been reading the forum for a long time and have finally gotten around to posting somthing. Has anyone tried "80 Strong" I've seen the bottle at local Binnys, was wondering if it is any good. If this has been discussed elsewhere I apologize in advance.

Welcome srx. Unfortunately you'll find that there are no serious bourbon lovers in the Chicago area.

But seriously folks...cheers and welcome to SB!
    bibamus, moriendum est
    Sipology Blog

Welcome to SB from a fellow northern Illinois resident. I'm from Rockford. Josh was right. There aren't too many serious bourbon drinkers up here. There's not much good bourbon either. Heck, I have to go to Wisconsin to find good stuff. Anyway, glad to have you. Looking forward to your posts. Cheers! Joe
    " I never met a Weller I didn't like"

Guru

Has anyone tried "80 Strong" I've seen the bottle at local Binnys, was wondering if it is any good.
    The label, yes.
    The bourbon, no.
    ovh