Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Welcoming MGB!

Advanced Taster

Welcoming MGB!

I have invited a buddy of mine to join us here and I see he has registered.

Welcome Steve a.k.a. MGB. Have a drink on me.

Re: Welcoming MGB!

That's the way to do it Charlie invite your drinking buddies to join in. Welcome MGB post an introduction of yourself here. Is MGB taken from the car?
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by p_elliott View Post
    That's the way to do it Charlie invite your drinking buddies to join in. Welcome MGB post an introduction of yourself here. Is MGB taken from the car?
    Yes, welcome MGB. Pull up to the table and join in
    Often I am forced to deal with the fact that I prefer bourbon over dealing with facts.

Advanced Taster

Yep. His screen name is taken from the vehicle. I am sure he will be around soon after the admins approve him as a member.
    Last edited by Ultra; 03-30-2010 at 09:21.

He's been approved I saw that this morning when I logged on. Maybe he'll be on this this evening when he's having a pour. I used to have an MG myself loved that car when it was running.

Advanced Taster

He said he just tryed to reply to this thread and was told by the system that he wasn't approved yet.

Advanced Taster

Now that the site has been revived, let me tell you all a little about myself. I live on an island in the middle of a lake in northwest Rhode Island with my wife, my Golden and the newest addition to the family, a kitten named Bianca.

I have a daughter who is married and lives in Brooklyn and a son who is married and lives in Sydney, Australia. Just about my favoritest thing in the whole world is getting out and seeing new places and meeting new people. After that, I am a certified car nut and lifelong fan of Formula One racing.

I presently have a Miata that my wife and I share (which means she let's me drive it sometimes) and an MGB-GT.

My passion is writing. I write regularly for Examiner.com on automotive related topics. If you have any interest in my stuff, you can follow this link http://www.examiner.com/x-21840-Providence-Automotive-Examiner'
    Or not. It's up to you.

I am shamefaced to admit that I drink Imperial whiskey, usually mixed with diet ginger ale. Hope that does not turn anyone against me. It's a curse I bear and I am trying to live with it.

Other than that, I am passionate about several political subjects, believing as I do that the central government was originally intended to be quite limited in scope but has now grown to the point where it would shock and dismay the founders. I also understand that several of the folks who were signatories to the Constitution thought it would probably last for 10 - 20 years, tops, and would be replaced on a more or less regular basis as experience with "The American Experiment" highlighted the strengths and weaknesses of the original social compact.

I am neither a Republican nor a Democrat, believing that A.) There is no practical distinction when it comes to running the country into the ground and B.) slavish adherence to a party line was all well and good if you lived in the USSR up until The Wall came down but is otherwise a losing proposition for any government and more especially for the governed.

That's it for now. I likely will not jump into any existing threads, as experience suggests doing so invariably evokes outraged cries from older members about how that topic was already covered in a thread from 2003, you ignorant newbie clod! So I will try to ease my way and promise to read every post in every thread before adding my two cents. Would you believe SOME of the posts? How about at least one of the prior posts?

I am still in awe of the visual presentation at this site. One of the bestest I have seen. Whoever designed this layout should be pretty darn pleased with himself.

Bourbonian Of The Year 2013 and Guru

Welcome, MGB. I look forward to reading about your journey through Bourbonia. Hopefully, you'll post regularly on this bestest of all spirits.
    JOE

Wag more.
    Bark less.

"Every bottle is its own learning experience." -- Sensei Ox-sama

Virtuoso

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    That's it for now. I likely will not jump into any existing threads, as experience suggests doing so invariably evokes outraged cries from older members about how that topic was already covered in a thread from 2003, you ignorant newbie clod! So I will try to ease my way and promise to read every post in every thread before adding my two cents. Would you believe SOME of the posts? How about at least one of the prior posts?

Some people might be somewhat grouchy about the same questions over and over again, but then there are others that like the conversation started. I guess if you're not a conversationalist, don't ask the same questions Billy Gender asked 7 years ago.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOWK View Post
    I like to save up the charred bits in the bottom of the unfiltered stuff. When I have enough, I pour milk on it and eat it.

Quote Originally Posted by MGB View Post
    Now that the site has been revived, let me tell you all a little about myself. I live on an island in the middle of a lake in northwest Rhode Island with my wife, my Golden and the newest addition to the family, a kitten named Bianca.

I have a daughter who is married and lives in Brooklyn and a son who is married and lives in Sydney, Australia. Just about my favoritest thing in the whole world is getting out and seeing new places and meeting new people. After that, I am a certified car nut and lifelong fan of Formula One racing.

I presently have a Miata that my wife and I share (which means she let's me drive it sometimes) and an MGB-GT.

My passion is writing. I write regularly for Examiner.com on automotive related topics. If you have any interest in my stuff, you can follow this link http://www.examiner.com/x-21840-Providence-Automotive-Examiner'
    Or not. It's up to you.

I am shamefaced to admit that I drink Imperial whiskey, usually mixed with diet ginger ale. Hope that does not turn anyone against me. It's a curse I bear and I am trying to live with it.

Other than that, I am passionate about several political subjects, believing as I do that the central government was originally intended to be quite limited in scope but has now grown to the point where it would shock and dismay the founders. I also understand that several of the folks who were signatories to the Constitution thought it would probably last for 10 - 20 years, tops, and would be replaced on a more or less regular basis as experience with "The American Experiment" highlighted the strengths and weaknesses of the original social compact.

I am neither a Republican nor a Democrat, believing that A.) There is no practical distinction when it comes to running the country into the ground and B.) slavish adherence to a party line was all well and good if you lived in the USSR up until The Wall came down but is otherwise a losing proposition for any government and more especially for the governed.

I am still in awe of the visual presentation at this site. One of the bestest I have seen. Whoever designed this layout should be pretty darn pleased with himself.
    OK but would you like to join us in chat and talk about bourbon?