Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Bourbonian of the Year 2007

Re:What are you drinking this moment? (Super Bowl)

I may have to save this bottle for a serious September gazebo critique (after salvaging the pewter stopper for posterity)!

Disciple

Re: What are you drinking this moment?!? (continued)

See, the shitty thing is I WANT to get DSL, and would even pay for it, but they dont provide it around here. . .

TomC

Disciple

Re:What are you drinking this moment? (Super Bowl)

I will agree wholeheartedly that Wild Turkey Bourbon is king of the roost ( I ranked Russell's Reserve at #1 ahead of Birthday Bourbon myself, have yet to try KS), but I will admit I am quite biased toward their whiskeys basic profile. They also get extra credit for bottling the vast majority of their bourbon (&rye) at 101 proof !

TomC

Disciple

Marvin has been saying so many good things about VOB BIB recently that I just had to tap that bottle yet again. It had a pretty little sweet butterscoth undertone in it that just begged to be rolled around in the mouth, with a luxurious spicy finish. You can tell that all the extra effort that went into it payed off!

TomC

Guru

Your cable company doesn't even offer a high speed connection Tom? Wow, i though for sure Ohio would have it... Just wait, i'm sure with time...

Re: What are you drinking this moment?!? (continue

after several days of blantons, i decided to try eagle rare 10yr again.

It was good, so good i ended up having 3 drinks before 8pm

Disciple

All the major cities have it, and some of the surrounding areas as well, but when they deregulated the cable companies a while back it slowed the spread through to the more rural areas to a halt. BLEAH. It will get here eventually I know, but the wait is annoying.

TomC

Enthusiast

My cable connection isn't as good as it used to be. It used to be super fast, but now, all of the damn pop ups keep slowing things down, and many times, freezing up the computer, so I just turn it off and start over. I know that I'm still better off then with a regular old modem, but it sure is frustrating when all I want to do is read what my friends at StraightBourbon have to say!

Bob

Enthusiast

Good idea Jeff! That is what I have been doing for the last couple of hours-First OF 100-very good-a little coarse-definetly dark chocolate-a little carmel and spices and a hint of leather-full bodied-hint of butterscotch and oranges and a sharp touch of spicy rye. One hour later the birthday bourbon-seems to come together a little smoother-chocolate covered cherries-(I love that chocolate)-definetly the same style of bourbon, but Oh!so smoooooth!!! No harshness what-so-ever-certainly this is my kind of bourbon. Sure wish Linn was here to set us straight on this matter, but as long as we can disagree with two bourbons this good I think we are both in luck!

Cheers,
    Marvin

Virtuoso

Top Dawg

The old thread has done me proud. It made me feel good that a newbie like me could get you all talking so much.

I have just one request for MurphyDawg - kill your thread before it gets as big as my old one! I want the record! We'll get another modem volunteer to start phase three of the thread in a few months just so I can still be top dawg.