Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 51 of 72 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast
    Disciple

Re: What are you drinking Spring 2010?

I did have WT 8 export and old 101 from 1977 yesterday. It was the last out of the old-timer and the second half of the bottle tasted very good. Iím still not sure if its a KBD or HH bottling though.

Leif
    Swedish lover of American whiskey

Disciple

While watching the Blackhawks pull out to a 3-0 series lead on the Sharks I had a couple pours of JRPS Batch 1, VW lot B, and FR Yellow...The JRPS has gotten a lot better since I opened the bottle about 7 months ago. It only has about a pour or two left...I'm going to be sad to see that bottle go!

After that many pours I forgot one...Binny's ETL was in there somewhere...
    Last edited by hectic1; 05-22-2010 at 09:00.
    You can find me in chat most nights on days ending with the letter y!

Guru

Re: What BOURBON are you drinking Spring 2010?

I started with some Old Fitz 101 from the Bourbon Heritage Collection of the 1970's or '80's, the Decantner Collection.
    Tony slipped me a sample from his score of 2 in Detroit earlier this week.
    The nose is what dreams are made of, multi layered taste, classic S-W, some of the best I ever had.
    We, that is Tony AKA ACDetroit, Josh AKA Josh, Scott AKA callmeox and Rob AKA DeanSheen met up half way between here and Cleveland at a Bob Evans for a breakfast meet and bourbon swap.
    That's where I got the '95 WTKS.

Now I'm sippin' a little George T Stagg 2008, neat and eyeing my bottle of ND OLD 114 to follow up.

Who said weekends were made for Michelob?
    ovh

Connoisseur

just had a friend stop by and we had small glasses of WR Master's Seasoned Oak Finish. He was able to pick up the chocolate and vanilla notes. I'm liking this bourbon, best new one I've had recently.
    "A man can take a little bourbon without getting drunk, but if you hold his mouth open and pour in a quart, he's going to get sick on it."
    LBJ

BTEC Wheat on Rye...Hotter than the Stagg, it seems.

This was the last 3 fingers and seemed to lose the wheat flavor I enjoyed so much, and the rye was almost overpowering...Anyway, since I was on the rye train, I'm finishing off the eve with 4RSB....Love that candy!
    sippin'

Disciple

Multiple John Daley's followed by a Blanton's, GJ and Diet, FRBS OESO, and 09 WLW to finish the night...I'm toast!
    You can find me in chat most nights on days ending with the letter y!

Enthusiast

Quote Originally Posted by OscarV View Post
    Old Charter Proprietor's Reserve, Louisville, the so-called "slope shoulder" bottle, neat...Hey, what ever happen to this label?
    I heard they distill it 3 more times, water it down a little more, and bottle it as Rain vodka...

Disciple

I did have OGD 114 while doing outdoor grilling by myself yesterday. The spring whether is so dammed cold and windy here so my guests stayed indoors and we did eat indoors. Later at night I had WLW 2009 and it was awesome.

Leif
    Swedish lover of American whiskey

Taster

I'm really liking the OGD 114 lately. Currently one of my favorites. Had AAA 10 yr last night just prior to going to JL's BBQ in Macon Ga for dinner. Man that place is good. It's right off of 475 if your ever down this way.

i started on the EW Single Barrell 1999 this weekend. its not bad, but its not good either. just bland. my main complaint is the haze that settles in your glass. theres no haze in the bottle, and none in the glass until your last sip or two. once that haze settles in those last couple sips, it turns everything musty, like moldy basement. i guess it just encourages you to drink fast.