Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 139
  1. #21
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    NE OH
    Posts
    1,784

    Re: What did you pass up today? Spring 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Russellc View Post
    Passed on 25 year presentation Van winkle, 23 year Van Winkle, Weller AC, but did not pass on 20 yr Family Reserve, Old Rip Van Winkle 10 year,
    Eagle Rare 17 year, Van Winkle Lot B, and 12 year Weller. Those came home!

    Russellc
    Did you mean Weller BTAC? Because if so i'm tearin up over here.
    ~Robert BTOTY #2 2009

    GBS Member - 2011 Indoctrination

  2. #22
    Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    VA
    Posts
    458

    Re: What did you pass up today? Spring 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Russellc View Post
    Passed on 25 year presentation Van winkle, 23 year Van Winkle, Weller AC, but did not pass on 20 yr Family Reserve, Old Rip Van Winkle 10 year,
    Eagle Rare 17 year, Van Winkle Lot B, and 12 year Weller. Those came home!

    Russellc

    Gott ask... where did this happen?
    Bourbon is sunshine held together by water....

  3. #23
    Guru
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Napoleon, MI
    Posts
    7,449

    Re: What did you pass up today? Spring 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Russellc View Post
    Passed on 25 year presentation Van winkle
    Not familiar with the 25yo, any chance you could score it for a fellow SB.com'er?
    ovh

  4. #24
    Moderator
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    3,046

    Re: What did you pass up today? Spring 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by hectic1 View Post
    Passed on a bunch in MN...06 WSR Liters for $15.99, WTRB 99 for $26.99, Bookers for $34.95, OGD 114 for $18.99, ER17 06, 07, 09 for $58.42, and a EWSB 1990 for $25.49...at least I wrote down where they are should I decide I want them at a later date!
    Bob have you lost your mind?
    Normal is an illusion. What is normal to the spider, is chaos for the fly.

  5. #25
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Portland, Maine
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: What did you pass up today? Spring 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by hectic1 View Post
    Passed on a bunch in MN...06 WSR Liters for $15.99, WTRB 99 for $26.99, Bookers for $34.95, OGD 114 for $18.99, ER17 06, 07, 09 for $58.42, and a EWSB 1990 for $25.49...at least I wrote down where they are should I decide I want them at a later date!
    I definitely would not have left that Rare Breed . . . ouch . . . that one'll sting later.
    "A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all . . . "

    Andy

  6. #26
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    1,324

    Re: What did you pass up today? Spring 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by funknik View Post
    I definitely would not have left that Rare Breed . . . ouch . . . that one'll sting later.
    Is the RB99 that spectacular? I know where some is for about the same price Bob spotted it for.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOWK View Post
    I like to save up the charred bits in the bottom of the unfiltered stuff. When I have enough, I pour milk on it and eat it.

  7. #27
    Disciple
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Portland, Maine
    Posts
    1,691

    Re: What did you pass up today? Spring 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by ErichPryde View Post
    Is the RB99 that spectacular? I know where some is for about the same price Bob spotted it for.
    I don't know, but RB is $40 here for the current stuff and the '96 I have is primo.
    Last edited by funknik; 06-03-2010 at 15:53.
    "A person can work up a mean, mean thirst after a hard day of nothing much at all . . . "

    Andy

  8. #28
    Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Livonia, MI
    Posts
    2,075

    Re: What did you pass up today? Spring 2010

    A gold foil A. H. Hirsch for $159 and an OCPR (in the gin bottle) for $28.

    I almost bought the OCPR just for comparison to the slope shouldered bottle.

  9. #29
    Virtuoso
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    1,324

    Re: What did you pass up today? Spring 2010

    Quote Originally Posted by Special Reserve View Post
    A gold foil A. H. Hirsch for $159 and an OCPR (in the gin bottle) for $28.

    I almost bought the OCPR just for comparison to the slope shouldered bottle.
    hilarious. I saw two hirsch foils at that price two days ago at a BevMo.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOWK View Post
    I like to save up the charred bits in the bottom of the unfiltered stuff. When I have enough, I pour milk on it and eat it.

  10. #30
    Guru
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Livonia, MI
    Posts
    2,075

    Re: What did you pass up today? Spring 2010

    I bought an A. H. Hirsch a couple of years ago for $88.

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Empty Bottle Support Group, 2010
    By callmeox in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 214
    Last Post: 01-17-2011, 07:46
  2. What Bourbon Are You Drinking, Summer 2010
    By OscarV in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 980
    Last Post: 09-25-2010, 10:51
  3. What bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2010
    By hectic1 in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 429
    Last Post: 09-23-2010, 17:58
  4. What bourbon did you purchase today? Spring 2010
    By hectic1 in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 404
    Last Post: 06-22-2010, 15:29
  5. What Did You Have to Pass Up Today?
    By funknik in forum General Bourbon Discussion
    Replies: 321
    Last Post: 03-05-2010, 10:12

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top