Welcome to the Straightbourbon.com Forums.
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Enthusiast

Re: Empty Bottle Support Group - Spring 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Dramiel McHinson View Post
    I drained the last bit of Old Weller Antique 107. This was a 2006 bottling. It was intense. Every sip was an explosion of dark brown sugar, oak-n-smoke, black pepper and all spice. I also detected fragments of buttered cinnamon toast and vanilla. I thought there might be a bit of menthol in the the finish along with some big bite of oak.

Unfortunately, it's not sold in my neck of the woods so I'll have to pack up and head to another state and nose around for it if I want to try another bottle.
    A good OWA is a thing to behold. Sorry to hear about your fallen friend. I'll have a pour of 03 later this evening to honor your loss.

Connoisseur

Quote Originally Posted by Dramiel McHinson View Post
    I drained the last bit of Old Weller Antique 107. This was a 2006 bottling. It was intense. Every sip was an explosion of dark brown sugar, oak-n-smoke, black pepper and all spice. I also detected fragments of buttered cinnamon toast and vanilla. I thought there might be a bit of menthol in the the finish along with some big bite of oak.

Unfortunately, it's not sold in my neck of the woods so I'll have to pack up and head to another state and nose around for it if I want to try another bottle.
    I am about to kill a bottle of OWA tonight. Very interesting notes Sir. I get the dark brown sugar, and the menthol/minty finish as well. Just a hint of burn on the lips to last to the next sip. Absolute joy in a bottle.

Virtuoso

Gotta join the weller crowd here- the last of a Weller centennial (the first, and one of few!) was poured into my glass this evening.
    Quote Originally Posted by SMOWK View Post
    I like to save up the charred bits in the bottom of the unfiltered stuff. When I have enough, I pour milk on it and eat it.

Virtuoso

I'm down to my last two pour of PVW20. I am going through this bottle way to fast. Luckily I have a bunch more. For celebrating a happy Friday, I think I'm going to finish it off later. Perhaps I will swing by and buy a PVW15 and PVW20 to bunker up.

Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by tigerlam92 View Post
    I'm down to my last two pour of PVW20. I am going through this bottle way to fast. Luckily I have a bunch more. For celebrating a happy Friday, I think I'm going to finish it off later. Perhaps I will swing by and buy a PVW15 and PVW20 to bunker up.
    I'd bunker PVW15's at two for the price of one vs PVW20 but that's me...they're both good juice I just tend to prefer the 15 to the 20.
    You can find me in chat most nights on days ending with the letter y!

Enthusiast

Finished a very enjoyable bottle of EC 12.

Guru

Sadly, my '77 Yellowstone is now gone. Brown sugar on the nose and one of the tastiest bourbons I've had.
    “Giving money and power to government is like giving whiskey and car keys to teenage boys.” - P.J. O’Rourke
    Greg's "bourbondork" blog

The Voshole

Said goodbye to a Lot B this evening. I had kind of forgotten about this bottle, but once I got back into it last week, it didn't last long.
    "Bottom line: sometimes things work out this way in life. It doesn't matter how well you've planned; you're just f**ked, and that's that" - The Boss

Disciple

Finished off a bottle of WTRR 90 last night...man at first I was skeptical about that bottle but switching from crystal to glass GC's really brought the best out of the Turkey!
    You can find me in chat most nights on days ending with the letter y!

Advanced Taster

Finished a bottle of Berheim Wheat Whiskey last night. Glad to have tried it, but not something I want again real soon. Anyone know the mashbill? Is this all wheat (or wheat and malted barley)? Any corn or rye in there for flavor? I think a touch of rye might be an interesting variation. I guess I should have tried some personal vattings before I finished it.

Matt